Thursday, July 24, 2008

Grrrr

For the record...

I was trying to sew on my machine. Yes, I wanted to do a little quilting. Said machine almost ended up through the window so I walked away. It worked fine while I was gone. I return to find my tension off. Way off and I can't figure out why I can't get it just right. I mean, seriously, I have a huge mess with the bobbin underneath. If there were a sewing machine protective service, I'd probably be under investigation right now for machine abuse because, yes, I'll admit it, I smacked it a few times and said some naughty words to it. I think sometimes Singers just need to hear the harsh truth about their performance and let me tell you...today, it SUCKED!

OK, later I promise to go back to the machine and apologize like I mean it. I'll even stroke it gently and whisper sweet nothings in its bobbin case but for now, I'm going to find something else less constructive to do with my time and energy. I'd call my Mother but she's out with the ladies from work. I wonder what Cousin Cindy is doing. Probably scrubbing fish skin off her grill and windshield.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the #1 reason I have quit on quilting. I might have a go at it again one day. I was working on a quilt and could not get the tension right. I even took my machine to the shop to find out nothing was wrong. You know what was wrong? It is the thread type. If I put different thread in it I get perfect tension.

Perhaps all you need is a new needle. Good Luck!

Cindy said...

I hate to admit it but I was sleeping. I stayed up late reading a James Patterson novel. It was 4 a.m. before I went to bed.

Kare said...

We sew very much alike, Netter. :)
My machine has a bobbin problem just like yours.