Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's A Small World Afterall...

I spent the day with Raine and Chris today. I always have a good time with them. Raine catches me up on the misadventures of her husband and we tease in a little or a lot, depending on what he's done this time. I don't seen them enough, but they live very busy lives, we all do I guess.
We watched a little bit of the parade and all thought the bull was cute on the Tibet float. Then we walked over to the Belasco Theatre to see Passing Strange which was a great show. Actually, it was up for 7 Tony Awards including Best Musical. It had fun music and it even got the old tear ducts working at one point. After that we went to Virgil's to eat a little Bar BQ...yummy.
After stuffing ourselves to the max, we walked up to Central Park. BUT, here is the "small world" part...As we were strolling up the street, I heard someone say my name. I glance around, half thinking it was for another Annette. Then I see a tall man coming toward me. It was a guy I went to high school with and his wife, Kelly who graduated with my Sister. Now if you figure that I graduated with 29 kids and that our home town was under 2,000 people...and in Nebraska...and we ran into each other on a busy NYC street, that's something to marvel over. Anyway, we chatted for a while, I gave them the number for another classmate that lives out here and we went our merry little ways. If I hadn't had plans for Sunday, I would have suggested that we get together. Anyway, I told them that the next time they were out this way to call ahead and make plans with me.
Anyway, off to the park I went with Raine and Chris. We strolled around, it was so lovely out, not to hot and a slight breeze. Actually, we saw a guy walking his kitties. How cute was that. The seemed to enjoy sniffing around the park. Chris went to pick up a golf club...and Raine and I chatted speculated why all these women were cutting through the park in high heels and fancy dresses so early in the day. We finally decided that there was a stripper convention in town or something. I mean, seriously, you should have seen some of the outfits. Chris met up with us again and we strolled around looking for an open coffee shop. All the fun places were closed so we settled for Starbucks...but hey, I love their iced Chia. Then I walked back down to Penn Station, jumped a train for home. Today was a lovely day. I need more days like this. Don't we all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized how freaking short my legs are, like Balto's (Christopher told me to add that, ummmm, thanks?). We had fun seeing you too Nett! We don't see you nearly enough. But have fun in Nebraska!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day! Is that the Balto statue in CP? I see by Raine's comment it must be. I once saw a girl I met in camp in Maopac, NY while I was in a bathroom at the Smithsonian in Washington DC. That was weird. Anywhoo, it looks like lovely weather there in NYC.

Arlette said...

Netter, please visit my blog when you have the time. You been awarded!
Aloha!