Thursday, April 10, 2008

Silly Sock Swap


I've got a thing for crazy socks. You should know that about me, if you don't already. Yep, the odder the better. Is odder a word? Perhaps I should slip stranger in there instead. I was digging through my HUGE sock drawer last night and came to the conclusion that I need to part ways with some of my silly socks. I don't want to but its time to say goodbye. So reluctantly I spent a few minutes ditching the socks that were in pretty pathetic shape. I put aside the socks that were so old the elastic was shot, the socks that were so thin, I could see my toe nail polish through them, and anything that had a hole in it that couldn't be fixed and still look normal. I was almost in tears as I let go of some of my favorite, true and trusted friends. Now keep in mind that if one sock was in great condition and the other wasn't, I saved the good sock to put it with another sock that was in better shape that its mate or that had a long lost mate. You see, I often wear mismatched socks together around the house. Who cares if one sock is striped and the other has cookies on it. My feet can't tell the difference. It's not like I wear them to the doctors office or shoe shopping. Hey, I'm not that crazy.

My sock drawer is now a shell of its former self. Don't worry... the socks that didn't make the grade are not in the trash can. Nope, I put them aside to be used to make sock monsters with. Brandy gave me a Sock Monster book for my Birthday last year and I have been meaning to create some crazy monsters but somehow, plain socks were not going to cut it with me.

My only problem now is I have a slightly bare crazy sock drawer. It's depressing really. That is when I came up with a great idea. Sock swap. Here's what I'm going to do. I'll buy you a pair of silly socks and send them to you if you do the same for me. It's like buying your own socks but with a bit of a surprise factor involved. So, if you are up for it...you should know that I am a size 9 shoe and I prefer soft stretchy socks to scratchy socks. As far as color and design goes, surprise me. I'll wear anything as long as its not scratchy like sandpaper on my delicate tootsies. Oh and don't think you can pull a fast one on me by giving me the ugliest pair of socks you have ever seen. I own some pretty hideous socks and I still wear them. Plain socks are not allowed! There must be something silly about them. The only thing I ask you not to buy is a pair of those super furry socks. they only work as slipper socks, because they are to bulky.

If you are up for it, leave a comment here and then email me your address and shoe size. I'll send my address your way and we will pick a date that the socks must be mailed by. I plan on going silly sock shopping this weekend, but I understand that not everyone checks blogs daily...so stragglers are welcome.

Ah, a silly sock swap...or 3S...or S to the third power...either way you phrase it, it still sound fun to me.

2 comments:

Tami said...

OK. Now I know what to get you for your birthday.

Netter said...

NOOO! I don't want socks for my birthday. If you want to get me a pair of socks, I'll do the swap for you. Several years ago someone gave me a huge box for my birthday and it was filled with socks. That sucked. Socks are not fun b-day gifts, but I will totally do a swap with you.