Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It's Rue Rue time...

Wanna draw lines? Here's a color for you. Rue likes to share. They have no problems with her at Daycare, because she always shares. I think she's going to be an arts and crafts chick like her Auntie Netter.
Anyway, I have not posted any Rue pics in quite a long time. She's getting so big and is a fountain of energy. I really wish we could figure out how to bottle that energy up and use it for ourselves. PaPa is very proud that Rue has taken an interest in fishing. Oh, sure its fishing for magnetic fish but she loves to catch them on the pole anyway. She's actually very good at it too. For 15 months, she's got great concentration and wonderful hand eye coordination.
I'm not sure what it is, but Rue loves to have her feet on the table. Mom will shoo them off and she'll slowly get her feet back up there. She kind of reminds me of Grandma Kaster in that respect. Grandma always had her feet up too, maybe not on the table though. Papa shows Rue how to do all kinds of silly things. She's a monkey see, monkey do, kind of girlie. She is very visual. Show her something once and she remembers what she is supposed to do. Papa was teaching her to hide a chickie under the cup and then he was teaching her how to stack things in certain orders. She sure likes her Papa a lot. I keep telling her that she has to be careful around him, because his "bright ideas" are likely to get her in trouble. If Papa tries to get her to play with something she isn't supposed to have, you will see her in deep thought, and then she will shake her head no. Sometimes, she looks to Grammie to see if its really OK. After all, Grammie makes the rules around that house.
Rue's bangs were getting really long again and she needed another haircut so to keep her bangs out of her face again, Tisha and Grammie were putting pony and piggy tails in her hair. I couldn't stand it. I can't handle half ponies where only part of your hair is in it. I'm not a fan of pony tails on the top of any ones head though. I'm the only person on earth that doesn't think its cute. I'd prefer a single barrette or something like that. I was half tempted to get the scissors out and chop off those bangs myself. I just didn't feel like being in trouble. Doesn't Rue look ornery playing in Grammies curtains. If I'd done that as a kid, I would have been yelled at.
Rue has a large stash of toys at Grammie and Papa's house. She's very good at entertaining herself with them. The funniest thing she does is when the grown ups have drinks and sit in the living room, she gets her little sipper cup and she sits in her little chair too. She even keeps her drinks on a little picture shelf next to it. That's her spot and she will sit there for quite a long time. The first time I saw her do that, I thought it was just a fluke but I was informed that she does it all the time.

4 comments:

Renna said...

Rue looks to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. ;-)

Rockstar Mom said...

What I want to know is, who is the hottie in the framed family picture behind Papa in the fishing snapshot. I'm talking about the one with the afro and the red frames in the black & white checkered shirt.

I want the telephone number of their hairstylist.

In all seriousness, Rue Rue is a dolly. And those eyes!! Oh my, the boys she is going to captivate with those eyes.

Look out Corn Huskers.

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a little cutie pie! Obviously, she gets lots of love from her grammy and grandpappy.

You've been tagged, btw. See my blog for details. :o)

Netter said...

Renna~ Yep, she sure its. She exhausts everyone.

Marianne~ That "Hottie" would be Rue's Mommy in the 80's. You know, sometimes those teenage years are, to say the least awkward. I'm just glad you can't see me on the other side of that pic....lol. Oh yeah, Rue is a flirt and she prefers men to women. I think its because all the men let her have her way. Where as, Mommy and Grammie, and all the other old ladies reign her in a bit.