Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pray for my Aunts speedy recovery....

Dear Lord, I swear! I was just thinking the other night, how quiet things have been in our family. Now this happens. Some guys robbed the Pizza Hut that my Aunt works at. They went in 10 minutes before closing with guns and ski masks. ACtually, you can read the story in the paper by clicking on the hyperlink above.

There were three gals working. A young high school girl, my Aunt and the manager who happens to be the mother of one of my h.s. classmates. My Aunt and the Manager are in the hospital...beaten to a pulp. The doctors are waiting for the swelling to go down to see how badly the bone around her eye socket is broken. Her nose is a mess too. My cousin told me that her Mom just remembers her head being slammed against the ceramic tile floor over and over again.

Why the hell those jerks had to beat them is beyond me. They handed over the money right away and they did everything they were told to do. They laid down on the floor when they said to...grrr. Plus, It sounds like they walked into it thinking only one person was there. My Aunts car was parked there, but the other ladies were dropped off. I'd put good cash on it that it was a bunch of dumb ass druggies. I hope they catch them and lock their butts up. Personally, I think they need to be locked away for life...but they have to catch them first.

Linda will be in the hospital for a few days. She doesn't have health insurance right now...Does workmans comp cover being beaten by theives while you are on the clock? I sure hope so.

I just hate that this has happened to her. She's had a tough life. Why is it that it seems to pour on some people and while others live charmed lives. It bites. It really does.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nett, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I included her in my prayers last night. I hope they catch those f*ckers too!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I think you're right - wacked out drug addicts. Geez! I wish your auntie a speedy recovery. My prayers will be with you and your family.

Unknown said...

Nett, that is terrible I hope they catch them and string 'em up. How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that!! I hope she and the other lady have a speedy recovery and those idiots get caught!!

Netter said...

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I just wish I could have gone home to see her....but you will be glad to know that she is doing really well. The doctors think she will not need surgery on the broken bone around her eye. Good news. They sent her home to relax for a while. She has to go back in a week to see how things are healing.

The other lady has to stay a little longer. She has a fractured vertabrea but they think it will heal on its own and that's good news also.

Rockstar Mom said...

THis makes me sick. Netters, I am so so sorry. I hope you aunt makes a full recovery. I hope the same for the other lady too. Worker's Comp should certainly cover the medical fees AND the families of these ladies should check with the investigating law enforcement agency about any services available through victims of crime units.

Prayers for all three of them.