Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wendy was the winner....and her banners are done

Wendy won my little contest and as a prize I said I would make her a banner. She wanted one that combined her daughters birthdays. Since they are not twins, I couldn't let them share a banner even thought they both have May birthdays. So, I said I would make two. It really doesn't take me that long and I have been in the mood to make them, so I went with the flow. When people watch me make my banners the are always shocked that I don't use a pencil to sketch things out. I'm wing it kind of gal. I get a permanent black marker, start with the balloons on the end and work my way right across the banner paper. I do the hollow bubble letters and once I am all done, I make random designs inside each letter. (note below one of the banners is colored in, the other was ready for me to start on it.) After that is done, I color them in trying to keep the colors seperated a little bit. If I make a booboo, or my design is a little flawed, I just go with the flow and move on. Most people don't notice anyway, unless ofcourse you spell something wrong, which I have been known to do. I am dyslexic you know. Letters just seem to pop up in strange places. Once the coloring is done, I go over it with a bottle of clear drying glue and top that off with a crystal clear glitter for that added POW. Several people have said I should sell my banners. I wouldn't even know what to charge. For now, I'll just make them when the mood strikes and the need is great. If I'm not in the mood to make one, I'm not shy about refusing.  
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Now aren't you upset you didn't figue out that my other banner said, "Happy 50th Birthday Bill!"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! That is a special prize! I am so lucky! You are very artistic and talented. I am impressed how perfect your bubble letters are freehanded and your designs are cool, too. My girls both love art and I think that the banners will make them both incredibly happy. Thank you for such a personal prize. I don't feel worthy.

Anonymous said...

Oops...the last comment was from me...not anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Nett!!!

I'm so sorry. It's been forever, I know. There has been A LOT of drama in my life that I'll fill you in on later. Be prepared for a loooooong email. LOL Have missed you!! Hubs is gone for another two months for his internship and I'm no longer working outside of the home so I'll have plenty of time on my hands to pester the living crap out of you. lolol Just wanted to pop in and say HI!! Hope you're doing well!

sara said...

WOWSER!

Tami said...

You know, Meredith's birthday is coming up in April. Just in case you feel artzy!

Idaho Gal said...

They are so cute! A job well done!

Netter said...

Wendy~ You are so welcome. I have the banners done, glitter and all. I'm going to roll them up and get them sent out to you this week. Keep an eye on the package and let me know when you get it so I don't freak out, thinking it was lost in the mail. For some reason its just easier for me to make the banners freehand. I can't give myself the chance to erase anything or I'd never get them done. I'm a little compulsive about things like that. I think I had a lot of practice making posters in High School. I used to get suckered into making them for games, pep rallies, homecoming, ect.
Miyon!~ I've missed you! Thank goodness you are back. I want to hear everything. I don't think you could ever pester the living crap out of me. Well, you would have some steep competition.

Sara~ lol, thanks.

Tami~ Ok, OK, Crap, how old is she going to be again? I just blanked on it.

She Rants "Kim"~ Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wowza! You are one clever gal! And Wendy is one lucky gal! So are her girls. :o)

Tami said...

She's going to be 5 already. Got to start getting her ready for Kindergarten. Then I'll have half of them out of the house for at least a few hours a day - Hoorah! (I get to be happy about that, right?)

Rockstar Mom said...

These banners are gorgeous! You must have totally drained your markers coloring them in.

Anonymous said...

Wow those are awesome. Netty, you should post those on ETSY and sell them. You've got talent.

Kare said...

Andi's got a good idea there, Netter. You are so talented.

Netter said...

Tami~ FIVE! Where the heck has that time gone? I'm feeling old again.

Marianne~ Thanks! Um, nope I buy the good markers, they last forever and they have fun scents. Let me clarify....they won't make you high but smell like different flavors.

Andi~ lol, Netty...cute. Anyway, I probably could sell them but then I'd actually have to make them when I wasn't in the mood. Plus, I really hate selling stuff. I need a sales manager.

Kare~ Thanks. I'm good at bubble letters. I had lots of practice on banners and posters in high school.