Monday, January 14, 2008

That was odd

I had a dream last night. A very strange dream that I couldn't shake once I woke up. I kept telling myself that it was just a dream, it didn't really happen and to relax and go back to sleep. Could I? No! Grrr. It had no base in reality...it wasn't scary in the typical nightmare type of way. I'll give you the quick run down.

I was an investigative reporter doing a report on a pimp who may have killed a young woman. I was sure he had and I was following him around. I wasn't scared by him at all. We were in a City, with a feel of lower Manhattan...but it wasn't. I could have sworn I was Morgan Freedman....yeah, I know, strange. Anyway, I follow this pimp into a store. At first I thought it was a dry cleaners. It wasn't. I'm not sure what it was. There were misc boxes and bags and strange things all over the place. We were standing in a line and the pimp was in front of me. I start talking to him and I realize that my point of view is from a camera lens. I'm filming this guy. He gets annoyed with me and wants to know why I have the camera. I ignore that and keep asking him questions. He starts to ignore me when people from the neighborhood start to chat it up with him. It's obvious that they really like this pimp guy. I decide to leave and catch up with this guy later. As I leave the store, a woman walks out behind me and starts talking to me. I walk along with her, turning several corners and at one point she stops and puts the huge, awkward box she is toting on a bench. At that point, I think this person reminds me of my cousin Cindy, but its not really Cindy...its like her twin, if she had one. She's telling me that she got her Xbox fixed and except for this special controller. She shows me what is wrong with it and I ask her if its fixable. She says no, she will probably throw it out. I point out the garbage can and she refuses to throw it out then, she wants to wait and put it in her trash can at home because its cleaner. ????? Then she goes into a door and disappears. It's at this moment that I realize I'm not really Morgan Freeman. I'm myself and I forgot my purse at that strange store I followed the pimp into. I walk back there even though I don't recognize anything along the way. I am peeking in windows as I go. I find the store...and there is my purse. I try to open the door but its locked. I can see people in there, standing in the same line I was in earlier. They don't leave through the front door, but a side door, so I wait and when an old lady leaves, I grab the door and slip inside. I look down on the floor where my purse had just been. It's now gone. I'm searching the store. Two ladies are leaving and they ask me what I'm doing. I said that I left my purse there and I really needed it. I wasn't from the city and I needed my money and ticket to go home. I also needed my cell phone to call someone. The ladies sit their purses and bags on a table that is suddenly in front of us. One of them asks how I would prove that the purse is mine? I said, that my ID is inside my wallet and my cell phone has a security code that displays my name. Suddenly the gal closest to me pulls out a picture from her wallet. It's a picture of a little boy with huge cheeks. I say, "Oh how cute! Is this your son?" She says yes. The lady across from us takes something out of a bag and I realize that my purse is in the bottom of that big shopping bag. I grab it and yank my purse out...unzip it, pull out my ID and show them. Then I hand them each a $20 finders fee and leave. That is when I woke up.

I tossed and turned in my bed, not able to go back to sleep. Pissed that I gave those ladies money when I was sure the one gal was trying to steal my purse. I was still feeling the panic I had felt in the dream when I realized I didn't have my purse and when I couldn't find it. My shoulders were tight and I would work on relaxing them and them I would tense up again. I finally got up and went to the bathroom, got a drink, and walked around before going back to bed. Could I sleep...nope because my mind kept drifting back to that stupid pimp dream. The last time I looked at the clock before I drifted off, it was an hour and a half after I had initially woken from the dream.

I told you it was odd.

No comments: