Saturday, November 24, 2007

Guess What I did on Thanksgiving....

You may have watched it on TV...but I was there with Emily. Raine and Chris were about a half a block away from us...but they couldn't make it through the crowded sidewalk. We chatted via cell phone a few times but I it was so loud and I was having a hard time hearing them.
Yes, Virginia, I went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in NYCPosted by PicasaThe weather was warm. For any one that attended the parade for the first time...they did NOT get a true parade experience. Nope. You have to have frigid cold, strong winds, and a little rain or drizzle to truly know what its like to attend the parade. It was like being in Florida this year...sigh.
This is in honor of my cousin Mike...who strangely enough, reminds me of Shrek sometimes. Minus the green skin, of course. Then my favorite dancing group was the fancy Christmas tree people. I so want to wear one of those outfits for Halloween.

The Parade always ends with Santa...and this year he waved right at me... He did a shout out to me because he knows my blogger bud, Darlene. She gives him pole dances so she can score the good gifts. She really puts a twinkle in his eyes too.

There were a ton of stars and performers. Click on the picture above to make it larger for viewing. You will see... Willard Scott, Dolly Parton, Wyonna Judd, Ashley Tisdale, Bindi Irwin and her Mom, Corbin Bleu, The Jonas Brothers, Jordin Sparks of American Idol Fame...,Lifehouse, Menudo, Michael Feinstein, Kay Hanley, Anika Noni Rose, Ne-Yo, Nikki Blonsky from Hairspray, Miss USA, Sarah Brightman, The cast of Sesame Street and many more. I know I'm forgetting people, Posted by Picasa
We stood across the street from what's his face, Joey Fatone from that boy band...you know the one, so don't make me say it. Ok, OK, fine, 'Nsync. Now he hosts the Singing Bee and was even in the Broadway musical Rent a while back. He walked right past us and then crossed over to the "Ticket only" seating area. Emily was excited because it was the first celeb she had ever laid eyes on.
This was my favorite balloon. Her name is Abby Cadabby and she's by the Sesame Workshop. I loved her even though her magic wand was broken. she had little fairy wings and piggy tails...what's not to love about her.

The balloons came and they went. We even saw a little clown tail...It' kind of looks like he's falling. He had a nice "trip", we will see him in the " fall."


Then last but not least, was the band Good Charlotte. When I showed my Cousins daughter this picture, she got very excited. I won't tell you what Cindy said about Danielle's reaction because it might embarrass her.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Yarn Tails said...

Oh man, I wish I could have been there. That looks like a blast to see in person! Wowza!! Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh fun! I watched most of the parade on tv and was thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

What fun! Someday I'd like to go!

Kissiffer said...

Nette, it was great seeing you guys. I actually enjoyed the parade. I didn't realize the whole point was to get Santa to Macys until Rain explained it to me. All makes sense now! I heard rumors we might be joining ranks with the crazy ladder people next year. Sign me up!

denise said...

jesse saw the pics and was amazed that dora was his fav thing in the world lol a big baloon he he he

Anonymous said...

The cutest thing about the parade was the kids' responses. Abby Cadabra was the first balloon out of the gate and the kid next to me said, "What is the world is that?!" Then when the Sesame Float came by everyone near us under the age of 10 started screaming like groupies, "Big Bird! Elmo! Cookie!". One girl almost passed out when she saw Dora, and the kid next to me observed, "Ohmigod Dora is like 2000 feet tall!" But I think I was the most fanatical, starting a chant when Snoopy in his little avaiator hat came down the street...it was certainly more fun than the last time I went 10 years ago. The weather was awesome.

Tami said...

Wow - thanks for putting these pics up. I totally forgot about watching the parade - wasn't feelinf well on Thursday and I'm still annoyed that I missed it. Wish I could take the kids one year.

Desperate Housewife said...

Wooooowwwwww! That is SO cool!

Peg said...

We've always watched the parade - that would have been terrific! Hey, did I see you waving at all of us?

Peg