Monday, November 19, 2007

Footloose...the musical

This year, Sam decided not to be in his high school musical. Instead he was an assistant conductor for the Pit orchestra. He is the first student at his high school to ever conduct part of a performance. Not bad for a Junior. When he wasn't conducting, he was playing keyboard in the Pit. Sam really is very gifted. He's extremely talented on a whole. I always wished I had a smattering of musical talent to play with but I'm one of those people who gets to appreciate music and has given up on butchering it. I'm sure everyone thanks me for giving up...believe me, they must!
Anyway, during certain scenes, Sam conducted (That's him above with the cast singing and dancing in the opening scene) and he did a wonderful job. I actually think he did a better job than the head conductor, but what do I know...I'm also bias. . Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kare said...

wow! That's really great. Go Sam!

I love that picture. That one would look great blown up and framed.

Anonymous said...

That's a cool pic. Although, if you didn't explain it I'd have just thought that some bonehead in the front row was standing up and dancing to the performance (as you know this happens often, especially at performances of say, Grease, Mamma Mia and Hairspray, I'd imagine...).

Anonymous said...

Bravo Sam! 2nd that neat pic!

Rockstar Mom said...

Sam has musical talent and you have an eye for the camera lens. Great pic!!

Millie said...

Kudoes to Sam.. He is one talented person.. Is he planning on making music his career?? He has my playing beat all to heck.. and I never ever in my life conducted or even thought about doing it!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sam. Remember Net you can take some credit. Look at all the running him back and forth and you have always helped him with his projects. You go girl.Oh yea you inherited your music talent from me right.