Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I have my work cut out for me...

Brandy sent me the granny squares that Kare won but was so sweet to gift to me. (You can't see me doing the happy dance right now) I just have to hook the squares together with a flat braid joint. Brandy's daughter Mary started it but once school began, she was strapped for time. She had a row and one square in the second row attached. I sat down on the sofa last night, intent on beginning...BUT, you can't watch a new series or even a new episode of your favorite show from last season and follow new directions at the same time. Nope, doesn't work for me. I finally put it down and said I would try it again another day. Updates to follow.

7 comments:

Kare said...

Netter, do you have the Crochet Today magazine with the blue zig zaggy afghan on the front? It was within the last few months... anyway, they have fantastic instructions on how to put it together.
Cool that you got the squares!
: )))

Anonymous said...

Go Netter go!

Desperate Housewife said...

Cool! I have several projects I could pass along.

Netter said...

Kare, I don't get those mags...I can barely understand easy directions, let along the stuff in mags. I get frustrated.

Sue~ Thanks...I'm trying.

DH~ Thanks for trying to share...but I'm over my head already. lol. I'm not even joking.

I totally can't get the flat braid to look right. I was about ready to cry the other night. I had to take a break and I'm going to try again later. I know its something stupid that I'm not getting. I'm so uncomfortable doing it that its bugging me out. I think I just have to hold everything in a different manner. CALGON...TAKE ME AWAY!

Darlene said...

Hey, while you're at it - you know, all 'gung ho' on the projects, I need a poodle skirt for Halloween. I told my darling mother, but I can bet the farm she'll save it til the last minute & I'll get it on 1 November.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about having a hard time concentrating because of all of the new shows. Tonight, I'm in heaven. Survivor, Ugly Betty, CSI, and Without a Trace. Thank goodness for our DVR! LOL

Anonymous said...

pretty!