Monday, August 13, 2007

My favorite!

Everyone knows that I'm a big fan of Jane Austen. I love her novels...expecially, Sense and Sensibility(1811), Pride and Prejudice(1813), Mansfiled Park (1814), and Emma(1815). I'm a push over for the time period, though I am very happy that I wasn't a women back then. Let's face it, I'm a bit to headstrong and verbal to have lived a decent life in the early 1800's. Women didn't have legal rights to inheriate property and let's face it, I would have been considered an old maid at an even earlier age than I am now. I love the clothing though. What I wouldn't do to look fetching in a gown from that time period. That is why the movies are eye candy to me. Anyway, I took this little quiz and I thought I would share it with you.
I am Elinor Dashwood!

Take the Quiz here!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Marianne Dashwood!

Netter said...

WE are Sisters!

Peg said...

Have you visited pemberley.com and http://austen.com/babble/bindex.cgi?

Pemberley has lots of info about the time period, some fan fic, conversation boards, etc.

Austen (really called DWG & those who go there are Dwiggies) has fan-fic and conversation boards.

Peg

denise said...

lol i got marianne dashwood also.

Anonymous said...

I am Elizabeth Bennett, it just figures, when I first read that book I felt like she was a kindred spirit, feisty and smart...although I'm not so sure about Christopher passing for Mr. Darcy...

Anyways, this is so cool (a modern version of the famous women in painting one you had a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEc4YWICeXk

Desperate Housewife said...

I'm the chick from Northanger Abbey. I've never read that one.

I couldn't live in that time because of the empire waist gowns. I look like a big fat cow in empire waists because my boobs are so big.
But I'd make a great tavern wench!

ollie1976 said...

I'm Anne Elliott (who?)
-Jen

Kare said...

That was cool.

Anonymous said...

I'm Elinor too!

Darlene said...

I'm Lizzy....however, I haven't seen the movie (or read the book) so I have no idea who that is. I think I might just have to go down and buy it now.