Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rue's Growth Chart...

Well, I have to do a little surgery on it in December but for the most part, the growth chart is on the wall in Rue Rue's room. I have to re-attach a leaf on one side because after it was glued in we broke it off. Well, Rue fell over and smacked her head on the side of her crib and was crying, so Tisha tried to squeeze past me and the leaf tip caught on her shorts...snap. I blame myself because I should have tried to push it over more but I thought she could get through. Oh well! Plus we started marking her height at the bottom using her doctors chart. I date the lines with the height and I put that she was born on Dec 8th 2007 instead of 2006. Duh moment on my part. Oh well, so when I am home for Christmas, I will repaint that area and fix it, as well as drilling out the leaf hole and replacing the stem. Easy enough.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! What's really nice is that it's removable. I remember looking at a house for sale once and for the longest time I just stood in one of the bedrooms staring at these pencils marks on the closet door frame. There were lines and dates and three sets of initials. Some of them were higher up than I stood. The realtor had mentioned the previous family had three boys and I realized this was their makeshift height chart. It was so sad to me that they left that behind and that it would eventually be painted over. So a portable one is so cool.

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! Just from this photo, I can tell little Bunny Rue Rue's room is cute. Love those striped colors!

Netter said...

Yes indeed, I painted all those stripes. Boy that takes a lot of tape. Thank goodness they are only on two walls.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky little girl she is to have an Auntie like you. The room looks great and the growth chart needs to be marketed. See you at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

You did a very nice job! Sorry to miss meeting you again, but I'm glad you enjoyed your time home!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Very creative - love how it turned out.