Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ranie's Birthday gifties to me...

OK, I know it has taken me forever to post this but I was looking for the post card she sent me. I know I still have it. I never get rid of postcards. I remember saying to myself that I would put it somewhere safe until I wanted to post about it. Now I have no idea where that safe spot is. It's driving me nutso.
On to the presents. Raine was away for my birthday. She had to go to Italy with her hubbie to attend a wedding so they made the most of the trip and went on a little vacation at the same time. While over there, she picked up my birthday present. She labored over what to get me and in the end came up with something she knew I would like. (I wasn't afraid of this...Raine always gives the best gifties) How sweet was it of her to drag my birthday present around Italy with her?! She's the best. Well, I LOVE my presents. I love everything she gave me...the hand marbled paper, the cards, the tiny lace butterfly that I will put into a memory quilt in the future. Don't try to pin me down on dates or anything, I'll make the quilt when I am feeling inspired. I have an idea book going already. My very favorite thing is the small silver box that she bought me at the Santa Maria Novella. I do have a passion for small trinket boxes and silver boxes as well. I placed the little round box on my dresser immediately so I get to admire it everyday.
I'll post the postcard when I find it and I'm saving the cover of the birthday card she sent me for another day. I just love the cover, it makes me laugh so hard. I have a feeling that I will be inspired to blog about it one day soon. Thank you Raine! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Court said...

Cool beans bubba! I love the silver box it is so tiny and pretty. How cool is that to have your present from Italy. I wanna go so bad. One day. How cool!

Anonymous said...

Well...I am glad you liked your prezzies...even though I have a sneaking suspicion that this was a post to appease me (and to save yourself from hearing me go on and on about you not liking my prezzies because you never posted them on your blog). I am glad to see it anyways! Christopher says to remind you that he never got a birthday card from you. He said to tell you he helped pick out the present (well, the butterfly anyways mainly because he saw it before I did...) Can you believed we've been married 5 years today? See you Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

Neato! Love that little box too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You are one lucky gal!

Rockstar Mom said...

You know why your friends give you such great gifts Netter? Cause you give them great gifts too! Seriously.

And I just wanted to mention that Shark and I took the kiddos to a little volunteer appreciation dinner at the SPCA. Me and all three kiddos do volunteer work on different levels. Shark came along as our guest. We all signed up for door prizes...and guess who won?................

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Friends are the bestest. :)