Monday, June 04, 2007

Grrrr

We had issues around here and by "WE" I mean, they had issues and I had to fix them for them. Our modem was having issues. Come to find out the cable company we use for our internet connection had issues. These guys thought it was a computer problem and they did all kinds of things to try to get it working and in the process broke the modem and the cable wire that we were using. I had no idea about that so I spent a lot of time on the phone with the cable company trying to figure out what they goofed up. Come to find out that They forced a cord into the port and broke the center of the port. The plug wouldn't fit all the way in anymore. Fun. Anyway, we...meaning me and tech guy from the cable company...we used an ethernet cord and everything is working again. More on my weekend and events at a later date. I have to go outside and get some stuff done.

11 comments:

sara said...

Computers (and the people who think they know about them) can be more frustrating than our children.

Unknown said...

I know I seriously miss my computer when its messed up or the cable goes out! Nice to have you back!!

Kare said...

Glad you're back. I was getting worried, there.
Seriously, could the world even turn without you, Netter? I don't think it could. You are irreplaceable. and I probably spelled that wrong.
You really need your own tv show.

Cindy said...

I hate dealing with tech support.

Lucy said...

LOVE THE PIC!!!

Court said...

Just love the computer problems. I have had my own here about a month ago. I too never knew how much I relied on the computer. How did we get along so many years ago with out one? LOL

Anonymous said...

Good Lord! What a mess! Glad you're back, Nettski!

Rockstar Mom said...

Man, I was getting worried about you!!

Anonymous said...

Netter to the rescue! Again!

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare that was. Glad to hear you're back online.

Anonymous said...

Holy crapola. Not fun.