Monday, June 18, 2007

FRICK FRACK!

Oh, let me tell you, I'm not a happy camper right now. I could cry. I bought this shadow box frame at Anthropologie on sale and I used my gift card to buy it too. I wasn't about to pay the original price of $168.00 but when I got the gift card I didn't feel bad about spending a lot less because it was a gift, not money I actually worked for. Well, it has been sitting in my bedroom, in a protected corner, waiting for me to hang it up. I suddenly felt ambitions today and when I unwrapped it, I found a huge curvy crack that ran from the top to the side and the bottom. It's a curved piece of glass that can not be replaced. To top it off the inside is going to have to be chipped away so that I can get a piece of flat glass to fit in the opening. I was about ready to cry when I realized it was damaged. Sigh......well, there is nothing that can be done now. I think it cracked because the wood expanded in the humidity of the basement. I'd bet money on it. It's wedged in their pretty tight. Oh well. These things happen but I'm not sorry I cursed like an angry sailor when I discovered the crack. I think a little foul language was in order.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck I would of cursed also. That is a very pretty frame!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was not broken from improper packing by the store? At that price it is worth asking. It is a beautiful frame.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! That Stinks!

sara said...

*sniff* aw man! so sorry!

Netter said...

Carole~ Nope, it was fine when I got it home. I had actually looked at it and tried to decide where to hang it. When I couldn't find my drill cord I put the package away for a rainy day. I know it didn't get banged into, it was tucked away in the corner, untouched all this time.
Either way, I bought the last one...so I'll just have a piece of flat glass put in it at a later date. Dang it!

Cindy said...

that sounds like something that would happen to me.

Cindy

ollie1976 said...

That sucks. So sorry.
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh Nett! I remember when you bought that, you came upon it in the sale section and your eyes shone like a raccoon who just found a pile of sugar cubes!

ollie1976 said...

excellent guess-can you guess the packet now? :)

Jen

Rockstar Mom said...

Great analogy Rain!! A racoon who just found a pile of sugar cubes! Good one.

But Netters, I am sorry it broke. What a disappointment. Hate when bad things happen to good folks.

Hugs.

Netter said...

Raine~ lol, you are so right! That is exactly what I looked like and I felt like that too. Now I am just a racoon who came off a sugar high.

These things happen. It sure sucks though.

Desperate Housewife said...

That sucks ass. I'd cry and use foul language, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! How sad! :(

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better Netter! Have a great time in Nebrasky. Bring me home some Dorothy Lynch.