Sunday, May 20, 2007

That's it...I need to start sewing doll quilts.

I have collected a lot of bargain fabric over the years. Most of it is fun stuff, very bright and kid friendly. I have wanted to learn to quilt and I honestly have to start with small projects because a huge quilt would be overwhelming for me. Anyway, since I have a baby niece now....I must, MUST make a dolly quilt for her. Plus my Cousin Jeff has a baby girl now and so Does my Godson's Uncle and my parents neighbors are expecting a girl in August. That means I need to get my rear in gear and make at least 4...5 if I count my friend Susan's new Grand daughter. I have some time because they won't be needing them until they are at least two years old, three would be better.

I didn't take a picture of the fabric that I have for dress up clothes. Remember I made all of those clothes for my friend Tami's little girls. Yep, and without patterns. Hey, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal. I'm just lucky that I can visualize things. OK, so if I have not posted a pic of any dolly quilts by the end of October, yell at me. Sometimes I just need to be pushed into things. As of this minute though, I am planning to start work on them in August.