Thursday, May 24, 2007

A growth chart in the making

I'm working on something new. I decided to make a template for a growth chart for Rue. I had a hankering to use my jig saw and drill. I have wood left over from a project and I'm going to use it up and get it out of the garage. I won't be able to show you the finished project until I put it together when I am home. I think it will be easier to mail before the parts are attached. I decided I'm going to have a wavy stem, with two leaves with Rues name and birth information on them. I'm not sure how I want to do the blossom yet, but I'll come up with something. I always do, after all. I have to find a box to mail this sucker in. I think there is one in the garage.
I thought about asking Marla and Jeff if they wanted one for Arianna but I figured they wouldn't. I could be wrong...Aunt Vickie will let me know what she thinks. I could always make two at one time. Just a thought. Maybe I should make one for Jesse and Megan, my parents neighbors. They are expecting a girl in August and are really super sweet people.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm anxious to see this one!! Hey, I didn't know you like buttons!!! ME TOO!!!

Netter said...

Oh yeah, I love buttons. I dont' know what it is about buttons, but I adore them. Heck, I'm drawn to just about everything...I'm eclectic.

Anonymous said...

You're using a drill, huh? Okay, now you're just showing off! LOL JK! It's going to be so cute. You're so clever!

Anonymous said...

Oh no Netter's getting the power Tools out. There go the power. Sounds like a good Ideal that you dreamed up. you come up with some of the neatess ideals.

Millie said...

I don't have the height of the room yet, may get it tomorrow. This is definitely going to be cute. By the way, what color are you making the flower petals?? Do you want Tisha input on that or just going to pick a color.
Remember the colors of her room, so it doesn't clash.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

You're so creative. :)