Friday, May 25, 2007

DANG IT!

Well, my friggin camera broke. I don't know what happened but let me tell you, I am not a very happy camper right now. A month away from my vacation and the sucker freaks on me. I called the canon help number and spoke to a guy with a thick southern accent. He walked me though reseting the camera. The problem is that after taking two pictures, I went to shut it off and the screen went black, BEEPED LOUDLY..how rude, and displayed, Lens Error- Restert Camera." I tried several times, I even removed the battery. The lense would not close and retract. Stupid, stupid camera! I spoke to the dude at Canon and he had me remove the battery. Then push the shutter button firmly, five times, replace the battery, switch the camera to viewing mode and turn it back on. At that point the camera lense retracted and the lense cover closed. Then when I tried to switch it to picture taking mode, the stupid thing beeped at me again and the error message was displayed. The lense was stuck out and open again. We tried this several times before we gave up and he gave me infor to send the mother hubbard in.

This can't be happening. I have Bunny Rue Rue photos to take. She has a bikini to model for us all in her little pool. She needs to laugh and smile for me. She's sitting up on her own now. Dang it, I need those pictures for my photo album. Not to mention Tami will be having a baby any day now and I need photo of the new little Russell. Seriously, this is the worst possible time for this kind of thing to happen.

11 comments:

Tami said...

Are they sending you a new one or just going to try and repair this one? Won't you have it back by the time you get to NE?

Kare said...

Bad timing is right.
Buuttt...they have these things called 'disposable cameras' now which are crazy expensive but work in a pinch. ; )
Hope you get yours back in time for vacation, though.

Anonymous said...

If you want you can borrow ours. We're not going anywhere and it's a pretty good digital camera...let me know and I'll send it Priority.

Anonymous said...

If I'm around you can borrow mine and whatever pics you take I'll be more than happy to put them on a disc for you!!

Mandy

Netter said...

Tami~ They are going to try to repair it and hopefully they do it for free because that sucker is under a year old. You know how they are though, they will try to say that I threw it against the wall or that I used it to hammer in a hail.
Kare~ If you knew the amount of pictures I take...you would not even suggest a disposable. lol, I kid you not!
Raine~ Thank you so much! That is so generous, but then again, you are a very generous person. Do you realize that I will be gone for 3 1/2 weeks? Are you sure you won't need it? I still have a few weeks before I'll know if I need to borrow yours so I will let you know. Does yours use SD cards?
Mandy~ Thanks, I will keep that in mind also.

Desperate Housewife said...

I broke mine last year the day Peter and I were going whale watching. They had to send it out, and it took about two weeks to get it back.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your camera but this way you can't take pictures of me and my tongue out..

Millie said...

What a wierd imagination! I can see throwing it against the wall, but hammering in a hail!!!. I know you meant nail, but it struck me funny when I read it.

Anonymous said...

Well that sucks! I thought Cannon was a good brand?!

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! When electronics revolt, the result is never good. We had a tv that suddenly decided it wanted to call all the shots. The picture worked fine but the tv was possessed when it came to the channel and volume! Needless to say, we now have a new tv.

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeek. Camera problems, 'puter problems... you poor thing. Hey, my EHD went kaput. About 300 CDs worth of music, ALL of my photos, and about $500 worth of digital scrapbooking supplies GONE... FOREVER! I wanted to die. lol