Friday, May 11, 2007

More about yesterday...

I love going to the planting fields. It's just lovely and its good exercise. I could spend hours walking around on the property, weaving off the paths and strolling through the trees and shrubs. There were chipmunks all over the place, little lizards, and birds a plenty...everywhere you looked there was something zipping to and fro. Spring has finally arrived and all the trees are turning a lush green. Even if it was a tad bit humid, it was still a lovely day to be out in nature.Posted by Picasa
While we were in one of the greenhouses, Jean and I were trying to decide where the lovely fragrance was coming from. We finally discovered a blooming plant that was the culprit. Jean leaned in to get a good sniff and ended up with a streak of pollen on her face between her nose and her lips and cheek. Then we ran across a statue that reminded us of Katie...and so we had her pose next to it. Katie is always grabbing her boobs, its her signature move...lol, and I kid you not. We were clicking pictures left and right. I'm sure Katie got a ton of bad pictures of me. It was humid so it was a bad hair day, worse than usual I can only assume. I did have a great day though. Any day walking in a garden is a good day.

4 comments:

Tami said...

What a beautiful place. Kind of reminds me of the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth. I think they have something like that in Omaha. That would be a good place to take the kids this summer.

Anonymous said...

I hope Katie shares some of her pictures with us. They could be valuable someday.

Court said...

Very nice pics Nett! Sounds like y'all had a blast!!

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

I'll be sure to send you my pictures/post them later. I deleted some of the really bad pics of you. I know you love me for it. :-)