Thursday, April 05, 2007

OMG....I wanna go!

I was goofing around online instead of dusting....and guess what I found! As a special 20th Anniversary celebration, the movie Dirty Dancing will be shown in random theatres across the USA on May 1st or May 2, 2007. I never got to see the movie in the theatre, just multiple times on TV and by Multiple, I really mean hundreds. Lets face it, that movie is always on. So, if you like the movie and want to see it again on the big screen, this may be your last chance. Visit this link and see if it is showing in your neck of the woods. I'm going to be at the Westbury 12 theatre one of those evenings. You can bet on it. Why? I'll tell you why, because, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Hell yah! Awww, it had to be said! I feel better now.

9 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I would LOVE to see that movie in a theatre again! Strangely, I don't recall it being cheesey at all when I saw it in the theatre when I was 17 or 18.

Rockstar Mom said...

Love that movie. LOVE IT!

Her big sister was so friggin' spoiled and totally clueless. Loved to hate her.

Netter said...

Ewww...I couldn't stand Lisa either.

Darlene said...

Oh God, I'd LOVE to go see that at a theatre - I mean, clearly, the ten thousand times I've seen it just aren't enough. I'm with dh, though - It's beyond cheesy, but I never once thought it was back in the day...God Bless Patrick Swayze. Amen.

Anonymous said...

I've only seen bits and pieces. It's on at least once a week. You'd think I'd watch the entire movie by now!

Netter said...

It's corny, sure...but that is part of the fun. Don't you just want to crawl on your knees and sing that dumb song with Johnny...."Come here loverboy..."

Millie said...

That movie would be absolutely no good if Patrick Swayze didn't play the lead part.. he made the whole movie.. but Jennifer Grey did her part very well, also. It should be a classic.. yeah, I know lots will disagree, because they think it is cheesy, but it's at the top of my best movie list....with Shag, running close behind!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I saw the Dirty Dancing dance number at a guest talent show on a cruise ship!! I think the girl had seen the movie a few times herself.

Kare said...

That would be great to see.
You'll definitely have to give us your review.
Maybe Darlene can lend you her "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" tshirt to wear to it.