Saturday, April 28, 2007

...and STAY OUT...

I had a little guest. Well, he's actually very big as far as bumbles go. I was sitting in my easy chair, which is in the computer room right now because we moved stuff for construction to start. I was watching TV and fell asleep. I heard something funny and woke up. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move quickly across the floor and into my room. I knew it was dark but couldn't tell you how big. I'm thinking there was a baby mouse in the house and instantly start freaking. I walked to my doorway, looking on the floor and hear a buzzz...buzzz...buzzz. I glance up and see this bad boy bopping around me ceiling. I grabbed a vase and a magazine and caught him when he bounced into the curtains. He stayed in the jar over night and I released him this morning.
Sam wanted me to leave him in the jar to suffer a horrible death. Sam is afraid of bees and wasps. I couldn't do that to the Bumble Bee. Nope, I released him into the blooming shrubs out front and he quickly started drinking nector from a blossom. I did my good deed of the day.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tami said...

You're such the humanitarian! Actually, I probably would have released the bee too. But not a wasp - nope - those I catch with the bottom of my shoe.

Netter said...

A wasp I would have smashed too. Bumble Bees are pathetic, they fly like I walk when I have drank to much...I have to feel pity for them.

Anonymous said...

You are much nicer than I. The carpenter bee I encountered yesterday was not so lucky.

Unknown said...

Seems the bumble bees are bigger than they were last year or is it just me? We have had some huge ones here.
I hate wasps, have a huge fear. Bees I don't like the big ones but will tolerate them because they provide a service to us by pollinating. but... I have yet to find any service wasps provide.

Rockstar Mom said...

You goodie goodie humanitarian! Jeez. Let's see how you feel when he flies back inside and stings you in your sleep.

Next time, smash him to pieces. Overkill is an understatement.

Anonymous said...

I Love bumblebees. I used to "pet" them when I was a kid. If you were gentle then they'd let you pet their fuzzy part. I keep picturing that kid in Jerry Maguire saying, "Do you know bees can smell fear?" Fearless Netter! I that was very nice.