Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OMG...What did I just do!


For the love of all things hooded! You will not believe what I just did. I was about ready to cry. It is just so gross.
I love hooded sweatshirts with the kanga pockets on the front. They are super comfy and I am all about comfort when I am around the house. Anyway, here is what I did....
I was in my bathroom. I dropped a hair clip and it bounced across the tile, toward the toilet. I walked over, bent over to pick it up, not thinking much about it. That is when I noticed the ties of my hood, were dipping in the toilet bowl water. OMG! I totally freaked out. Sure I just cleaned my toilet bowl yesterday but that sucker could never be clean enough for me. Gag, gag, gag and now my hoodie ties are tainted with toilet water. I took it off as quickly as possible and put it in the washing machine but I'm not sure I will ever be able to look at that sweatshirt with the same love as before. Yes, I have toilet issues. I've dropped many things in the toilet over years, like my brush, which I threw out, and my Mom's toothbrush, which I put back where it belonged in the first place.....lol, kidding Mom, just kidding. I even dropped an earring in the toilet. I fished it out and the earring was disinfected, however I was never able to wear it again without thinking about it in the bottom of the toilet. Hey! It was an expensive earring! It just bugged me out. My hoodie may have a sad fate in front of it...sad indeed.

13 comments:

Jeff said...

dear abbie,dear abbie , you wont believe this! my hoodie strings fell in where i take my s@#$. if were not for bad luck, i would have no luck at all. so could you please help me take this fall? signed dirty hoodie.

dear dirty hoodie,
sorry for your luck,have your owner throw you in the tub.put in some soap and twist you around.hope you come out smelling like fresh spring clouds. signed dear abbie.

aj said...

Hee hee, I like Jeff's comment.

I'm totally with you on how nasty the toilet is - even when it's sparkling clean! I just can't get past it's job duty.

I just said doodie.

Err, anyway, yea. That might ruin a favorite shirt for me, too. Well, I'd at least have to remove the offending hood ties.

Netter said...

Jeff~ Good advice from Dear Abbie, thanks. For a second, I thought you were my cousin...then I Brandy's hubby was on the loose on Blogger. When are you going to write a post?

AJ~I know, I know....ewww, toilets. The worst part is that I like to put the knot on the string against my lips. NOT ANY MORE....that sucker is history.

Tami said...

You know they did a study that found that most toilets are actually cleaner and with less bacteria than most people's office desks.

The moral: you are safe nowhere!!! Mmmwaaahhhaaahaaa!

Dip the stings in some bleach first and then wash it.

Anonymous said...

Now we understand your potty mouth.No wunder you have hbp. You have to learn to get over it. Tami is right they have done studies that say your toilet is cleaner than your kitchen sink.

Millie said...

actually, a dogs mouth has less bacteria than a humans.. I still cringe when a dog licks or tries to lick me... ooooeeeee!!!!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the story about the "squirrel tongs". Squirrel tongs, you ask? A woman discovered a dead squirrel in her back yard and asked her husband to remove it. With men being all about the right tool and all that, he used the tongs from her good silver service to throw the unfortunate squirrel in the garbage! Needless to say, the woman was horrified and even though she washed the tongs thoroughly, she just couldn't use the tongs after that. Eww.

Netter said...

Eww, squirrel tongs.....that is pretty bad.

Anonymous said...

This involves a trip to a fabric store. Take out the old one and thread in a new one. It might have to be white, but it won't have had a dunk in a toilet. Hope you are feeling better.

Rockstar Mom said...

I have the same commode phobia. We should start an annonymous chapter together.

I once dropped the company cell phone in a disgusting toilet in downtown Austin at a night club.

Try explaining that one to the boss on Monday morning. I hesitated about 2.5 minutes before fishing it out of the commode. I really thought about just leaving it there. But I grabbed a mountain of paper towels and got it out. Only to find the club had no hot water for me to thoroughly burn the first layer of flesh off my contaminated hands.

Netter said...

I feel your pain, Sister! I have no issues with dirty diapers, garbage, but make me dunk something in a toilet and I'm grossed out foever.

gloria said...

Hey Netter,
This one made me snortle.
And if you've been keeping up with My Front Porch, you'll know I have a teensy problem with bathrooms lately myself. The bathroom in our new house is so small that I'm forever almost dropping things in the toilet. I have done some pretty fancy juggling tricks in the air space just about the john since we moved in. So far the only thing I've missed and watched hit the water below has been my toothbrush, (what else?) which I almost flushed rather than sticking my hand in there. But I knew with my luck it would only back up all over the floor so I bit the bullet and plunged my hand in so fast that it hardly got wet. Then used close to a whole dispenser of hand sanitizer gel, causing the house to smell like the ER of a hospital for a week. Even so, I couldn't bite my nails for a long time afterward. Hmmm...good deterent.

Oh, needless to say, I bought a new toothbrush.

gloria

Netter said...

Gloria~ Ewww....bathrooms are so full of gross stuff.