Friday, February 16, 2007

I was a red head, I was! NO, REALLY I WAS!

Once long, long ago...I was a natural red head. My color changed with the weather. Humidity made it brighter. My Mom once told me that the ladies she carpooled to work with would ask her what color my hair was that morning. If it was bright red, it was going to rain. I was a walking weather bulletin. Sadly, as the years have passed, my hair had darkened. It went from strawberry blonde, to red, to its current brownish red color. Some days it looks more red than others but that is when the light hits it just right. It's so sad...so sad indeed. Oh well, I still have pictures to remind me of what it once was. Sigh. Look at my little Sister, Tisha....she was a cute little thing. She was riding her little scooter in this picture. You know, I swear, Bunny Rue Rue is going to look just like this when she is that age. She already reminds me of her Momma but only time will tell.

9 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I had the same hairstyle! My mother used to curl it under, and I got burned everytime because I was a squirmer. And is that my imagination, or are those slightly crooked "cut by Mom" bangs? I had those too! And now the Boy has them!

Netter said...

Hehe..I know it looks that way, but I know my Mom always took me to the salon to get my hair cut. I have always had a little curl to my hair, so it was probably just doing what it does now. I never seem to have straight bangs, except when my hair is wet, then it looks straight.

Anonymous said...

Aww! You two are so cute!

Anonymous said...

well net you are one of the most well adjusted red heads ive ever known. most of the reds i've met were suffering from some mental condition (psyco). I dont know what that had to do with the subject at hand but oh well. I finally commented on your blog.... your cuz MIKE

Millie said...

Yep, I gave Netter her first haircut and it was the last one.. I did what was very vogue at the time where you take all the hair and comb it up and over the top of the head very evenly and make a ponytail over the forhead with the rubber band where you want the bangs to end and cut it by the rubberband... It made a shag cut where the bangs and sides tapered on down to the back.. Actually it was cute... but she screamed bloody murder when she saw it in the mirror... after that, she went to the beauty shop to get it done...I'll have to dig out the pics that we took of the different stages as we were getting ready to cut it...I'll e-mail them to Netter, she can post them, if she doesn't chicken out... I think she was probably 4 years old maybe 3 1/2, I know Tisha was already born..so she had to be over 3 1/2 ..

Kare said...

hee hee.
I love your mom's comments.
Hi Netter's mom!

Anonymous said...

Like mike said red head are a mental case. Just kidding Net. Millie do let us see the pictures.

Darlene said...

I'm still a redhead *sigh* - I do tend to go platinum every few years though...Did you get teased as badly as I did when you were a kid?

Netter said...

Darlene~ Redheads rule! I was leased a little bit but I never really cared much about it. I guess I never really was concerned with their opinion.