Friday, February 16, 2007

Guess what I just found on TV!

Remember years ago when we were kids...there were not cartoons on Sunday mornings and afternoons. It sucked. In the evening you could catch The Wonderful World of Disney...but until then you were screwed unless you gave in and watched Davey and Goliath. It was a Church sponsored show (The Lutheran Church of America) so of course it wasn't on my list of must watch TV. It was, however, a half hours show that could not be classified as a western. WE watched a lot of westerns in those days and I must admit, at one time I knew the words to The Lone Ranger....Hi Ho Silver AWAY! I also knew some of those songs from the Roy Roger and Hop-a-long Cassidy stuff...oh and the Wagon Train theme song.
Anyway, back to Davey and Goliath. I watched it out of desperation and it wasn't such a bad show to watch...the message was good. You know, kindness, respect for others...blah, blah, blah. Somewhere along the way I really started to like it. It was that darn dog. Goliath was the bomb. The way he spoke and when he got hit on the head, his eyes spun in circles. He was the best dog ever. In today's episode, Goliath and another boy worked together to pull Davey out of the frigid water after the ice broke and he fell in. His mother had told him the ice was not thick enough and that he was not to go skating because it was to dangerous. Davey did it anyway because he wanted to try out his new skates. He ended up losing one in the water but he was alive. See, we should always listen to our parents...they know best. Whatever....lol.
I have to check next week to see if the show will be on again. I may have to tape them. I see they have put the series out on DVD...which I may have to purchase somewhere down the road. I may have to torture Bunny Rue Rue with it, plus I will watch it. I love it when Goliath...the talking dog says, "OH DAVEY!" lol....its so cute! Cousin Cindy knows what I mean...don't you?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I remember that show! I loved the way Goliath spoke - "Davey!" And the sister Sally, remember her? I remember the music too which later in life I heard in church. haha! Yeah, it was a good cartoon, although Davey was such a scew up he didn't deserve that dog! lol

Cindy said...

I LOVED that show. I found it on TV also and Danielle cringes when I insist on watching it.

Millie said...

Man, I hated that show.. It was torture for the longest half hour in the world.... I didn't and still don't see anything cute about it... but I think I found some books just lately that I gave to Netter that was about Davey and Goliath....What did you do with them?????

Anonymous said...

I Agree with your Mom That was the worst show ever on Tv.

Tami said...

I also agree it was an awful show. Not the messages but the animation was bad even for that time. I hate clay animation still today. And, Davey was an idiot.