Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Brrrrrrr!

It's pretty chilly out tonight. I have not been outside but I can still tell. How? Because its freezing in the basement. I turned up the heat but you can still feel the difference when you walk down the stairs. The heat is on, the baseboards are really hot, it just isn't making much of a difference yet. I have two pairs of socks on. Yeah! I usually have hot feet and I'm always taking socks off, not putting more on. Well, I guess winter has finally arrived. Now I can start looking forward to Spring. Ahhh, warmer weather, flowers coming up, trees budding out....oh crap, that means my nose will be running and my eyes will be watering. Oh well, at least it will be warmer.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am right there with you on the nose running and the eyes watering. I usually love winter, but not when it gets this darn cold!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! That must mean that my parents are camped out in the kitchen with the door shut. Stay inside, Netter! I don't want you to freeze your tootsies off!

Kare said...

Isn't winter beautiful?

Anonymous said...

Told you to come to CA, it was almost 90 on Sunday. lol

Anonymous said...

It's been miserable here in SD. It's sad when it's five degrees and we think it's warm.

Millie said...

miyon: I hear ya... we lived in Herrid SD over the winter in 94-95. Talk about cold.. never made it above 0 for weeks and for about 2 weeks never above -10 when it finally got to 10 above everyone was running around in just shirtsleeves.. felt like a heat wave.. most people think you had to be crazy to dress like that at that temperature. But it did feel warm!!!

Millie said...

miyon: I hear ya... we lived in Herrid SD over the winter in 94-95. Talk about cold.. never made it above 0 for weeks and for about 2 weeks never above -10 when it finally got to 10 above everyone was running around in just shirtsleeves.. felt like a heat wave.. most people think you had to be crazy to dress like that at that temperature. But it did feel warm!!!