Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm alive!

Hi Everyone! I know, I know, I have not been blogging. I've been fighting this stupid sinus infection and trying to remain calm. Why remain calm? Well, because when I went in to see the doctor about my sinus infection and ended up having x-rays and an EKG. It seems my blood pressure was sky high...which was a first for me. He put me on some blood pressure medicine and took some blood for tests. My cholesterol is normal so that is good and you will all be glad to know that my blood pressure dropped a lot when I went back today for all my results. I had to get one of those home blood pressure machines and I have to chart my blood pressure twice a day for the next month. It's not such a big deal really.
I decided its time to get serious about a diet. Let's face it, I'm lucky nobody ever gave me the nickname Chunky before. Anyway, I have decided to get the American Heart Associations cookbook and try out some new recipes. If I find a good one, I'll pass it on. Poor Sam is going to be pissy. I'm not cooking for him anymore, I'm cooking what I can eat...and he is going to have to suffer along with me. Well, I have always made him add his own salt because I'm not a big salt lover...but I'm eating more fish. Yeah, this is going to be an issue.
Anywhozits, I'm still around and kicking. I just have not been feeling very perky so the blogging had been put on the back burner. I never seem to have much to say when I have stuffy sinus issues. I'll try to blog more....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your diet, Netter! Feel better too, okay? We miss you.

Kare said...

Oh, Netter, that must have been quite a shock! Very glad to hear that the blood pressure is down now. I've missed your posts that always make me smile but take your time. Get better.

Darlene said...

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling crappy - I've missed your posts! Take care of yourself!

Netter said...

Hi Ladies! My sinus stuff is slowly going away and I am feeling a tad better. The HBP never bothered me, atleast I never felt anything. I'm working on getting it under control and I consider it a blessing that they caught it now before it did any damage. I just have to stop stressing out about it.

Desperate Housewife said...

I've lost three lbs in about two weeks eating when I'm hungry and not because the food is there. Of course, I've been a hog this weekend.
Get better!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. It is amazing what you can control by what you eat. But is hard to follow. you get so frustrated. Good luck. Do forward any good recipes. Keep them simple. I still think your problems are you are just getting old. Ha Ha How does it feel.

Kare said...

just checking in.