Wednesday, January 17, 2007

For Aunt Vickie!

It seems my Aunt Vickie, who was never a drinker, has become a wino. Don't believe me, have her show you her basement. Enough said. Anyway, you will note her comment on my last post...where she refers to Milk bottles and label removal. Yeah, it wasn't milk bottle labels, it was wine bottle labels. She called me last weekend for some advice on how to remove wine labels. I did a few google searches and found the one where you bake the empty bottle at 100-150 degrees for 10 minutes and they use a straight razor to pull it off the bottle. You will be glad to know that it works great for most bottles. It really depends on the glue they use.
Anyway, Vickie removed all the labels so she can decopauge them on her table in the basement. She just needs something to do with the bottles. I found the perfect thing for her. She can make a Christmas tree for their front lawn. LOL, nice!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a neat idea. If you ask Cindy what we bought her at Country Stampede I'll bet she'll post a pic.

Its a beer bottle that is flat (label reattched later) and on the back is glued a light.. TA DA its a night light!!! I'm sooooooo serious!!

Mandy

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh my God! It's a wine tree!

The pizza at the real Mystic Pizza sucked? What a letdown!

Unknown said...

That is totally awesome! Well you know what I mean. I left you a huge message yesterday I thought but it is gone now. hmmmmmmm

Anyways... Get better soon!

Kare said...

Classy tree. LOL!
I love the coffee table idea. Can you take pictures when it's done?

Olivia Twist said...

That's too funny! What a great idea. :-) Oh yeah..saw this site and thought of you.
www.stuffonmycat.com

Anonymous said...

Neat idea. I wish I "drunk" it first. HA!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to need some help. I didn't know it was going to use that many bottles. I don't have that many in my basemet you stretch the truth Netter. I guess I'm going to have to go to more winerys. I do like the tree It would look nice in my yard. when it dies how would you cu it down so I can entertain the neighbors.I better go pop a cork so I can do my table.

Anonymous said...

If she needs help, I'll drink some bottles of wine for her. All in the name of... helping the aunt of a friend??

Darlene said...

Did you ever see the "Trading Spaces" episode when Hildi put all those wine lables on the walls of that kitchen? What a sweet idea - how much wine owuld you have to drink to cover an entire table?