Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Don't try to trump Auntie Nett


Bunny Rue-Rue's Aunt Peg came up to me at the baptism and said, "You had to trump me didn't you?!" I asked what she was talking about. She said, "You had to give Rue her first Christmas bear before I got a chance to give her the one I bought for her." I just smiled and said, "You want to try to trump me, you better be a little faster the next time."
I don't know who she is kidding...everyone knows I'm going to win the spoiling game. First of all, I am farther away and won't see her as often as I would like. Then there is the whole competitive spirit of the thing. Yep, lets face it, I will win. Don't even try to push your luck. When I am a woman on a mission, I'm invincible. Yeah, I kick ass and take names later. I"M AUNTIE NETTER doesn't that say it all?! Hell yeah, it does! I'm the queen of this contest and Bunny Rue is my Princess in waiting. I figure, my only real competition is Pop Pops the BABY HOG, but I think I can take him. Basically because, Mom only gives him so much money a week to spend because he would blow cash everywhere if she didn't. I'm not even sure the Man knows ATM cards exist
Bunny Rue-Rue's Mom...Tisha aka Kanga, told me that she thought Peg was going to spoil the baby for Christmas. Well, when it was all said and done, Tisha declared me the winner of that battle of best Auntie. Hehe! Take that!
Here is what I have in the works for the year so far:
1) I am starting a book collection for when she is a bit bigger. I'm mailing her one or two hard back books a month. I took care of the Christmas books for December and now I have one of the Olivia books ready for January but I think I should find a nice book about snow to add to it. I'm taking suggestions.
2) I'm working on her Valentines Day present. I already have a bib for her. I have another Olivia book and I need to find a cute Valentine's Day book.
3) I'm debating what I should get Bunny Rue Rue for her half birthday. Yes, I'm celebrating her half birthday because her actual birthday is so close to Christmas. Her Half Birthday is June 9th. I'm thinking I should get her some kind of book shelf/ toy storage system. I have some ideas but I'm leaning toward a book shelf that looks like a doll house. When she is older she could toss everything on the floor and play dolls with it. Kanga might kill me though...I need to think about it some more.
Yep, Peg is going to have to kick it in high gear to out spoil me.

No comments: