Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A nickname for Rue...

It came to me in a moment of exhaustion. Actually, that is usually when I have most of my best ideas...that foggy time when people tell me I shouldn't blog because I sound like a lunatic. Ok, they are right, but occasionally I have a whopper...not the burger but an idea that takes on a life of its own. Have I lost you yet?
For some reason, strange songs have been popping into my head and I can't get rid of them. I have nobody to blame for that but myself. The other day in the car, Sam was humming a song from RENT. the next thing I know, I'm humming "The Saints Come Marching In"....like they are even closely related....uh, NO, but somehow, I got that out of RENT.
Anyway, after two hours of "The Song That Never Ends" running though my brain, I switched gears and found myself singing, the Little Bunny Foo Foo song (HEY, I was in a good mood!) but I had switched some of the words around to create a new version. It goes a little something like this:

Little Bunny Rue Rue
hoppin' through the forest,
scoopin' up the field mice
and boppin' em on the head.
(Spoken in normal tone) And down came the Blue Fairy, and she said:
Little Bunny Rue Rue
I don't want to see you
scoopin' up the field mice
and boppin' em on the head.
(Spoken in normal tone) And now I'll give you three chances, and if you keep it up, I'll turn you into a Baboon.
Little Bunny Rue Rue
kept hoppin' through the forest,
kept scoopin' up the field mice
and boppin' em on the head.
(Spoken in normal tone) And down came the Blue Fairy, and she said:
Little Bunny Rue Rue
I don't want to see you
scoopin' up the field mice
and boppin' em on the head.
(Spoken in normal tone) And now I'll give you two more chances, and if you do that again, I'll turn you into a baboon.
(Skip to the end...you know how it goes)
And the MORAL of this story is: HARE today, Baboon tomorrow!
You see, I know the Fairy really turns the bunny into a goon, but a monkey of sorts, seems like a good variation to me. Plus when she starts bouncing off the wall, I can say, "Oh, I see you have been turned into a monkey today." I just think Bunny is a nickname that serves several functions. #1) my Sister will hate it...that is a super plus. #2) I think it applies. Rue is a cute little baby with soft skin and baby bunnies are cute with soft fur. #3) It's a running gag that I can play off of until she old enough to put me in a nursing home. OK, maybe I will stop before it gets to that point. I just think that Bunny Rue is a hoot. I can even shorten it to Bun or Bun-Bun, maybe Bun-Bun Rue-Rue Magillacuttie. I'm going for it until I come up with something better or my Sister beats the livin' day lights out of me. Hard to say what will come first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is pretty cute! I dont think your sister will hate it though! She may get a little annoyed from time to time, but not hate. No!! LOL Marys nicknames to date are the following: Punky, Punky doo, Pooh Bear, and Punky doodle ol day! LOL Love nicknames.

Anonymous said...

I think that's cute, too but I also think you should see her first, because then and entirely new nickname might come to you! Sort of like how Greyer and Jaxy aquired their nicknames: Greyer is Hefalump and Jaxy is Kerplunk, because wherever he goes a loud KERPLUNK! is soon to follow.

Anonymous said...

Everyone MUST have a nickname! Bunny Rue is adorable!! You're gonna be the best auntie around!

BTW, now The Song That Never Ends is now stuck in my head! Ack!