Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Katies homework for Christmas Vacation


I about fell off the steps when Katie announced that she had never watched Dirty Dancing. Granted, it came out the same year that she was born, circa 1987...but HOLY CRAP, its a must watch movie. The amount of quotable lines alone is reason enough to watch the movie. I mean, seriously, how many times have I said, "I carried a watermelon." or "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" Then there are the songs...oh please, stop me now, before I start singing. I'll spare you that much.
"Johnny!" Oh, Katie, how have I not forced you to watch this movie before?! "Spagetti arms!" Then she told me she has never watched Footloose. OMG! Kevin Bacon, dancing in those jeans that I'm sure were spray painted on him. What song was he playing in his Bug when he got pulled over by the cops? Quiet Riot, perhaps.....awww, good times. Takin' on the town, the preacher, all for a little dancing.

So, Katies homework is to watch Dirty Dancing and email me a report. I'll save Footloose for another time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I cant believe someone out there has not seen this movie! Share the report with the rest of us! And Footloose. The hs did a play based on this movie and it was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I see it on t.v. all the time and always have to stop to watch for at least a few minutes of it. Oh the cheese, glorious! I also highly recommend the E! True Hollywood Story or Dirty Dancing!

Anonymous said...

I always catch the end of Dirty Dancing when it's on tv. I do own this movie - at least used to - on VCS. Now these movies ARE from my era but I've only seen Footloose once and Top Gun once. I used to love The Breakfast Club and Ferris Buehler but for some reason can't seem to watch those any more.

Netter said...

Tami, you saw Footloose with me, didn't you? I know you saw Steele Magnolias with me, Weezer.

Anonymous said...

DD is on WE right now...I think that movie must be played on some channel at least once a week...

Kimberly said...

Holy cow - that movie is always on tv. It is my mom's favorite movie. It is hard to think someone out there has not seen it. Of course then, my friend told me today that she has not seen A Christmas Story - that movie plays like 24 hours a day during Christmas - lol.

Anonymous said...

I've seen bits and pieces of it on television but have never watched the entire movie either.