Friday, December 08, 2006

A Christmas Meme

Attach a photo of one of your current holiday displays: That is my tree for 2006...mark my words, the first thing my Mom will say is that I have too much stuff on it. Tough cookies, I like all my treasures on my tree and if I could have a tree taller that 7 foot, it wouldn't look so full.

1. Egg Nog, Mulled Cider, or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps them up.

3. Do you decorate the outside of your home with lights? Any other displays? I like white lights outside and displays are always fun.

4. Poinsettias, Holly or Mistletoe? All three

5. When do you put up your decorations? Right around the 1st of December.

6. Do you prefer to give or receive? BOTH! I really do love to give presents though, that is why I give them all year long.

7. Cut tree, live tree, artificial tree, or Festivus pole? This year I have a cut tree but I don't have anything against a really nice artificial tree. A Festivus pole would not hold all my decorations so that is kind of out.

8. Have you ever made a gingerbread house? Yes, theya re a pain in the butt, plus I eat more candy than I get on the house.

9.Do you display a nativity scene? Not this year, its in Nebraska packed away in some boxes at Mom and Dad's. It's a really cute set though. When my baby niece is older...I may have to give it to her. Its a Cherished Teddy Nativity collectors set.

10.When did you learn the truth about Santa? My Father swears we were teenagers before we learned the truth...but only because we were smart enough to know that if you figure out the truth, you may not get as many presents. We were not fools. I think I was 5 or 6.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Snow and I have a love-hate relationship. I think it is pretty and I enjoy it for a while, but there comes a time when it needs to go.

12. Can you ice skate? Yeah, sort of. I'm much better on roller skates but I do enjoy ice skating.

13. Do you open your gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas Morning

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends.

15. What is your favorite holiday cookie? Do you bake them or buy them? I love my Mom's butter cookies that you make with a press kit. I have baked them before but Mom's are always better. Maybe its just in my head but it seems true.

16. What tops your tree? Depends. We have short ceilings in the basement so I can't put a angel on top, so this year I have a star. My tree touches the ceiling as it is. I have several tree toppers. Some light up, some don't. Two are made of glass, one is a giant Winnie the Pooh holding a star and he has angel wings and a halo, then I have my angel with moving wings and a few different stars.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song? I have so many...I love Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys but I also love Winter Wonderland, Silent Night, The Christmas Song, White Christmas, Silver Bells, Let it Snow, I'll Be Home For Christmas, and The First Noel...there are more.

18. What is your favorite Christmas movie or story? I love It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story...but Winter Wonderland is good too. On the cartoon front I love all those old Burl Ives cartoons and the Peanuts Gang Christmas

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? If Yum, how do you eat them? Yummy! I start out on the bottom of the stick and suck on it until its pointy and almost dangerous, then I start biting off pieces until I have the hook left. Then I stick the whole thing in my mouth.

20. Do you send Christmas cards? If yes, do you enclose a letter or picture? I usually send cards but rarely do a "chain" letter, I write in the card. Who really wants a picture of me?

21. What kind of lights do you decorate your Christmas tree with? White lights, or another solid color, multi colored, candles, or a novelty light such as bubble lights? I am a huge fan of white lights but when I was a kid we used multi colored lights. I own bubble lights but I think they are in Nebraska too.

22. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Family get togethers. They were always crazy, but fun.

23. Best present that you have received? My baby niece is my favorite early present...but they won't let me keep her so that kind of sucks. Otherwise I would have to say my skateboard, or a bike.....but my Merlin was great and so was the year we got the Atari. Although I really liked the train set we has and the race car track. Dad had two girls but that didn't stop him from buying us toys that he would like to play with too.

24.Turkey, Ham, Seafood, or Soup for your holiday dinner? We usually do Turkey and/or Ham...I usually remember both being served. I was always green with envy when I heard that other people served seafood.

25.Describe your favorite Christmas ornament. My favorite ornament from my childhood is a pink fairy with a wand and a tutu. I just adore her.

I'm tagging these people:

Raine

Darlene

Kare

Sue

Brandy

Miyon

Cindy

Tami

Michelle

Amy (Foe)

Danielle

Desperate Housewife

Marianne

and anyone else that reads this. Leave me a comment so I know you have completed your mission.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I was a good girl and I did it!

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I was hoping you'd tag me! I really like this one. I had to chuckle when I read about believing in Santa. I keep asking the girls about Santa and they keep telling me they believe; although, sometimes I wonder if my oldest is fibbing. LOL

Oh, and there is not too much on your tree. You should have all of your treasures there. It's only once a year, why not go all out??

Anonymous said...

What Miyon said! There's not too much on your tree. It looks beautiful! I have a couple tree toppers too. It's always difficult to pick just one each year. I want everything on the tree! I think I'll do this meme in a little bit - check my blog later.

Chelie said...

I did mine! I had fun with this one...

Rockstar Mom said...

I am such a loser Nette! I just read this. Okay, I acknowledge the tag. Here goes...........