Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I can do it, I can do it.




I've been a busy camper. I created a ladder scarf with yarn lace. I think that is what they call it. Not bad for my first try at knitting. I'm making a couple more in different colors because I think I have figured out how to make the stitches look neater, although its one of those free for all, twisty, turny kind of designs...anything goes. I know have the knitting bug. Although techincally this pattern doesn't include a single purl stitch...but I know how to do it. After I make a couple more scarfs like this, I'm going to try the basket weave purse. It looks simple enough and it the DVD says its a beginners pattern. More updates to come... Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Darlene said...

Are you serious???? How jealous am I??? You HAVE to send me that DVD!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have out the DVD to good use...dang it I should have kept it for a stocking stuffer for you...NOW TELL ME are you putting all those other "how-to" books I gave you to good use too? You know the ones!

Netter said...

lol, I read the other "how to" books and passed them on to someone else. I must say, I didn't learn as much from those books as I have from the knitting dvd. I had prior knowledge and experience...lol.

Anonymous said...

Nett Wow! You are doing an awesome job!! Well done!

Netter said...

Thanks.

Rockstar Mom said...

MMMM, those scarfs make me hungry. They look like beef jerky.

Good job!!!!

Netter said...

Man! It does look like jerky. Great, nowI'm hungry again.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice job!!

Netter said...

Thanks Sue, not bad for my first ever knitting job. What can I say, I have mad skills...lol.

Anonymous said...

omg Netter. You are a natural. cripes! I can see it now..Knarly Knetters Knitting blog.

Netter said...

Kare~ I think I may have to copy right that name...lol, its kind of cute....NO WAIT...KKK, uh, that won't work after all.

Anonymous said...

Narly Netters Nitting blog?
Gnarly Gnetters Gnitting blog?
lol

Netter said...

lol, maybe Nothin' but Netter's 'Nittin' Blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You go, girl!! Your next project is to knit me some slippers or a nice, fluffy, soft super long scarf. Muhahaha.