Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Monster Bash Party Pooper

I didn't really celebrate Halloween this year. I didn't decorate, I didn't even bother to take a single tote out of the attic. I left the costume stuff up there, packed away, I didn't even buy a single Halloween decoration this year. Not a single thing. Sad, I know. I'm usually gung ho but not this year. I'm not going to decorate for Christmas either. Oh sure, I say that now....but I don't think I will change my mind. I will be leaving for home on the 22nd of Dec anyway, so my tree will die while I am away, plus the basement will be torn up while the repair the support issue in the exterior wall. Yep, so no holiday decorating for me. None at all. I didn't even carve a pumpkin. I did buy three HUGE pumpkins...they were really cheap too, but they were for Zach, Skeeter and my parents. You know, its hard to get excited about anything except that baby neice that my Sister is cookin' in her oven.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I hear you about the Halloween thing - My whole house usually gets transformed, and this year, with the surgery a few weeks ago, I just wasn't into it. 1st year ever & I was starting to feel guilty, but I got over it. Maybe next year.

Netter said...

Yeah, it felt kind of sad but you know what...life moves on.

Anonymous said...

One of these years, I'll buy some Halloween decorations (yeah right, every year I say I'm going to dress up and never do). :P