Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Madwoman went on vacation...

...and she sent me fun stuff! I've been meaning to post this pic for some time but I had to charge the battery for my digital camera first. That would mean actually locating the charger and plugging the sucker in. Sounds easier than it really was. Yes, sad but true. Anyway, Kim was so sweet and picked me up some postcards...we know how I love those suckers and some fun things like a UFO drivers license and attachments for my keys. I loooooved the key ring because it is quite hard to find a key chain with my name on it. Let's face it...Annette is not a popular nor a cool name. What does that say about my parents? Hmmmm...anyway, thank you so much Kim. I sent a very special card to you today. Don't ask, you'll see.....lol.

3 comments:

Netter said...

Aww, thanks! I have never been a fan of my name but it could have been much worse. Seriously, you should have heard some of the terrible things my Mother had picked out. OMG...I got off lucky. Anyway, my father named me. I think he had the hots for Annette from the Mickey Mouse Club as a kid or something.

It's one of those names that you never or I should say, rarely find listed in the personalized stuff in stores. My sister Tisha has the same problem but I have meet more people with her name than with mine. Tons more, and we are talking full name not nickname.

Kimberly said...

you are very welcome :) And that was the only place I found your name on a keychain - I looked other places, but nooooo. I tell you, names are getting harder and harder to find...especially when people name their kids such "interesting" names as "Apple" and "Phinneus" - lol

Anonymous said...

I like your name!! Do you know how many people are named Sue?? There are always two Sue's wherever I go. Annette is unique and very pretty.

My daughter and husband have uncommon names. Once in a blue moon my daughter will find something with her name on it but my husband never does. Not only is his name uncommon but it has an alternate spelling. However, you should have heard what his mother was going to name him! Oye!