Saturday, September 30, 2006

I loved those things!

Do you guys remember Fashion Plates? I don't know what made me think of these now. They were mix and match sets of raised clothing drawings that you put a piece of paper over and then rubbed a black crayon over. It formed a fashion model that you could color and if you wanted to, you could get creative and make paper dolls with it. My sister and I had these things. I friggin' loved them. I 'm sure that I single handedly destroyed half the rain forest by making fashion plate dolls. I'm not proud of that fact, but hell if you are going to destroy the earth, you better have fun doing it.
I remember seeing them in my closet a few years ago. That was before Mom and Dad moved to the new house.....so who knows where they are now. We better still have those puppies. I think I will have to search for them when I am home for the baby shower. Yeah, like I will have time to look for stuff. I have work to do when I'm home. I'll look over Christmas.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had those! I totally loved them. I know I defintely helped you destroy rain forests and well.... pretty much another other forest because I used to go through notebooks every couple of days making endless designs.

*sniff* I wish I still had my Fashion Plates.

Unknown said...

Those fashion plate things Rocked!! Love the baby quilt too. Blogger is being a pain in the you know what today and I am having a horrible time on you page. Have a great weekend!!

Amy said...

I had those too Nett, loved them. Casey always helped tear them apart from me or tried messing everything up, but yes, those were fun. I think I still have mine out in the garage somewhere! Cool!

Anonymous said...

Denise had some I think we still have them but I'm not as crazy as you . I'm not going pull everything out . I haven't even got the winter clothes out yet.What heck spring will be here before you know it.

Chelie said...

I remember those, I used to play with them all the time.

Anonymous said...

Some toys were just so much fun, weren't they? I didn't have those but I'm sure I would've used up a forest with Fashion Plates.

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness - I loved those things - I haven't seen em in ages! I never owned one, but I used to use my friend's all of the time - hehe.

PS - Thanks for the card - I tried to put water on it, but all it did was make the card saggy - just teasing - if only it were that easy ;)

Anonymous said...

Mine were Cabage Patch Kids and New Kids on the Block.

Rockstar Mom said...

OH the memories!!!! I loved them too! E-bay....check E-bay....they gotta be there.

My favorite outfit was the pants (where she had one leg slightly bent) and then I'd color them in on the raised side so that the pants had a little design in them.

Sooo much fun....and yes...sooo much paper!!

Millie said...

I don't recall seeing them when we moved, unless you had them stashed in some other box that I didn't look in, or just checked the top items..