Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm back!


Yep after three weeks in Nebraskie...its back to the suburban sprawl for me. My flight from St Paul arrived at LGA a half an hour early. NICE! Then we hit traffic on the way home.....so basically I arrived at the house about the same time I would of if I had arrived on time and traffic was moving well.
I have lots of strange pictures from my trip. Quite a few are the kind of pictures that I can't post....for fear of being attacked. My neck and shoulders are killing me today. I received a sunburn while sealing my parents driveway and it was hot yesterday but it didn't hurt like it does today. There must be a two day rule of pain when it comes to sunburns.

So, I came home to an empty house....goodie! However now that it is light out, I noticed that...ONCE AGAIN....nobody bothered to water the flowers and the sprinkler system must have reset because by the looks of the yard, it has only been running 5 minutes a night. Everything is brown, my impatients are just stems, and I have no idea why nobody would notice this?! On a good note, the house is not the complete and total pit that I thought it would be. Actually, I am happily surprised that it is in a half way decent condition.

I'm full of tons of stories from my vacation but I have a funny feeling most of them will seem boring unless you have my animated story telling to go along with it. Oh, I will be posting a few things, just so I can make a few people nervous about what I may post.

Is it just me or was it hotter than H. E. Double hockey sticks for the last three weeks?! It sounded like it was really warm everywhere. I know Nebraskie had some lovely hot humid weather. Yep, way to many days of 100-105, high humidity, heat index soaring over 115 degrees......please note that I am NOT the kind of nut that likes the weather hot. I melt. It is not a pleasant experience to watch me melt....take my word for it.

I'll be visiting your blogs soon. Give me time to get unpacked and situated.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Home!!!

denise said...

awww i didnt get a chance to give u your b day present while you were here

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! I hope your visit was fun. Sorry I didn't get to met you, but you WAS next door and didn't come over. Talk you later about that gift. Mandy

Netter said...

Thanks ladies, its nice to be back.

Anonymous said...

Yay! The Nett is back! You were missed! Yeah, it was hotter than heck here. A couple days our poor outdoor thermometer registered over 110 degrees. As Paris Hilton would say, "That's HOT!" It's much cooler now. Phew!

Kimberly said...

welcome back! I got a sunburn too...on my head. So don't feel so bad - lol. It is way nasty when a sunburnt head begins to peel....I will spare you the details.

Netter said...

I hate hot weather....blah. It is humid here. It is good to be back though. Kim~ ouch....I've had that happen before.