Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Yes, its that time of the year again... if you are lighting off the fireworks, be careful and keep your body parts attached and not scattered across the yard. It happens every year, some crazy person starts getting a little brave and someone gets hurt. Case in point...Cousin Mike when the little gorilla firecracker went off in his hand...he ran into the house screaming that he was paralized and hid behind Grandma's lazyboy recliner. Yeah, it stung a lot but he wasn't even burnt...and far from paralized. I had the same thing happen to me but with a slightly larger black cat 1 incher...and that mother hubbard had a fast fuse and ofcourse I was lighting them and tossing them..dumb but that was the cool way to do it. I was OK but MAN, that really stung. Please note that I did not run into the house screaming I was paralized, nor did I hid behind the furniture. I did however stick my hand in the ice tank the beer and soda was in. Then there was the time that some of my Uncles were lighting off pop bottle rockets and were tossing them into the air at the last second. The were warned to take them somewhere away from people. After all, there were kids there...they could have hurt us when the pop bottle rockets went wacko. Instead of hitting me...one went into the tree, hit a branch and hit my Mom in the arm, burning her as it exploded. I was standing on the other side of her. She started yelling at them and boy, oh boy, did they clear out PROMTO. To this day she is very verbal about their stupidity with fireworks and if she has to be around them when they are lighting them off, she sits in the house. Let's face it they would never mean to hurt anyone...but they are not the brightest sparklers in the box.
Have a fun 4th and stay safe!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember that with Mike. We could not help but laugh. Especially when grandma slapped him and said "snap out of it" Like that would help at all.

Unknown said...

Hey I got one for ya. My hubby and his buddy(they were in there 20s or something like that young idiots) anyways they had some Roman Candles that they lit and were doing Star Wars fighting with them. Dont ask me what happen he would never say. LOL Have a good 4th!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th from our family..




Have fun and be safe yourself...

Mandy de Koning and Family

Netter said...

Oh man...I have been in a roman candle fight before. Talk about stupid and dangerous, but if some idiot is shooting balls of flame at you, you can be sure you are going to shoot back and run like hell.

Sparkler burns are nasty...ouch. those little suckers stay hot for a while, that is why you have to have a bucket of water on hand.

Hope you all have a lovely 4th!

Anonymous said...

I remember Finding some of Uncle Greggs M-80's And some of his silver salutes. Le and I went to the Techumseh park and lit the silver ones. And let me tell you it blew the branch clean off the tree. We did this in broad daylight. And I was fast when i was a kid Le was like the freaking roadrunner. Never got caught and never messed with Greggs Superpowered firewoks after that lesson learned. Cuz Mike