Monday, June 12, 2006

One smart cookie!

My little Chris graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dartmouth on Sunday morning. Luckily the rain held off long enough for the ceremony to take place. It had rained the entire weekend and we were a little nervous about that but we brought our own chairs so we didn't have to sit on the soaked ones they had at the event. We also had umbrellas and a change of clothes, just in case.
In addition to graduating summa cum laude, Chris became a member of Phi Delta Kappa which is a real honor. What can I say, he's a smart kid. Posted by Picasa
He did managed to lose the ribbion that he was suppose to wear as a memeber of Phi Delta Kappa before we even made it to the van. He had it when we were waiting for Jean and must of lost it before we made it to the van. Luckily one of his frat buddies, a fellow Phi Delta Kappa said he would cut his ribbion in half to share with Chris. How sweet was that!
The commencement Address was given by Elie Wiesel...check out my post on The Bloggers Book Club to see why this excited me so much. More on Graduation weekend later...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I bet the commencement speech was awesome. I wish you could have taped it.

Netter said...

I was a girl scout once...sometimes I like to be prepared.

I know Cindy, if I had known, I would have brought the video camera or atleast a tape recorder. He was a great speaker though.