Monday, June 12, 2006

How to survive boring events...

I learned a little trick from the Leaches many years ago...always bring a book. Reading material is important...especially if you can't chat because you will bug your neighbors...like at church (I know you think I'm kidding), dance recitals, during the commencement exercises of a college class of 1,000 graduates. Ah, yes...be prepared. If you are really smart, you will bring your own chair so you don't have to sit on those tiny folding chairs they supply....and you can keep from being bored out of your friggin' mind. I took a break between chapters to grab this picture of Jim, Katie and Jean putting their trick into action. Chris had a book under his robe and he read it while sitting in the front row during his graduation...if its OK for him to do it, we'll follow suit. We bring books to the movies to read before the previews start to play, we read on the train, while waiting for friends at a restaurant, just about anywhere you can read and get away with it.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That is a good idea, I will have to start doing that.

Netter said...

Oh yeah, sometimes when I am in the book store...the major tie breaker when I have too many books picked out is whether a book will fit in my purse.