Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Where is a fair when you need one!?

I had a dream about funnel cake last night. I woke up with the biggest craving for fried dough. It's terrible....well, no, its good, yummy... good, but terrible for the old growing waist line. I should really just make my own. It's easy enough to do. I don't know, I think it just tastes better when you are surrounded by the swirl of colored lights, playful music and people screaming. I guess when I am home, I will have to try to find a county fair somewhere. That would be nice, especially since I will miss the Johnson county fair by a few weeks.
Speaking of dreams...I had a really strange one. I was on some kind of boat in the middle of a marsh land. I was standing up and pushing the boat through the small water ways. It looked like it was pretty low tide. I was alone but then I started talking to different people and every time they answered, I was in a different place, but when I replied to them, I was back on the boat again. It was just strange. One conversation I was happy, the next mad, and one I was very upset, crying and blowing my nose. At the time I knew who I was having these conversations with... I knew them and everything made sense, nothing seemed far fetched. I had music playing through my dream. Strange songs, not something you would pick for background music...but them I woke up when a was being bombarded by biting flies in my dream. That was when I discovered that my alarm clock had been going off for 20 minutes and that is why the music was so strange...it was what was playing on the radio at the time. ODD!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Now funnel cake. Yummy. Cant wait for the fair. And dont forget the lemon shakeups.

Anonymous said...

i have a recipe for a dough that you can use

all you have to do is fry it and put your topping on

let me know if you want it

i use it for homemade doughnuts

Mandy

Netter said...

Brandy, What are lemon shake-ups? I don't think I have ever heard of them.

MAndy~ Is your recipe a light and fluffy dough recipe or is it a little harder like a cake donut? If its the lighter one, I'll take it.

Netter said...

Chili...hmmm, I like chili but my idea of chili is very different from most peoples. What most people call mild, I call 5 alarm fire. It actually makes the inside of my lips burn...and I can't have that...it would cut down on my talking. NEVER!

Chelie said...

im voting for a funnel cake recipe...i really love those things, have been craving them since i dont know when.

Anonymous said...

An added bonus is that there are no calories when funnel cake is eaten at a county fair. It's amazing! :)

Strange dream! I always have strange dreams too, never scary or fun, just strange.

Anonymous said...

Makes a large batch...

3 pkgs. Red Star Yeast
1 C. warm water
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Butter or Lard (I like butter)
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
2 C. Scalded Milk (get it hot in a sauce pan and let cool)
2 eggs beaten
8 to 8 1/2 C. Flour

Softer yeast in warm water,add 1/2 teaspoon sugar for faster raising
Scald milk and melt butter (or lard) together. add sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Cool Mixture (otherwise you get scrambled eggs)
Then add beaten eggs. Stir in soften yeast and add flour. Sitr until flour and liquid ar well mixed.
Knead doguh on lightly floured board until it's smooth and elastic.
Cover (spray counter and bowl and flip over the dough) and let rise in a warm room and until doubled in bulk. ABOUT ONE (1) HOUR.

Smooth out and fry.

Mandy
If you want bread knead and let raise again.