Friday, May 19, 2006

That's better...


I just love creative labeling. Any schlub can crank out the same old crap to slap on a label...but it takes a real nut to come up with something eye catching. This label made me smile...and I thought, I have to buy this stuff, even if it taste like total doo...it caught my attention.
You see I'm a label reader. I can't help it. I read cereal boxes, I read toilet cleaner,I read bottle labels, I read tampon boxes....you name it, I probably read it and I want to be entertained. Is that really so much to ask?

I while back, Burger King had some really cute things written on their packaging. My favorite was when they were talking about getting a ringer in your fries or a renegade fry in your onion rings. I don't remember exactly how it was worded but it was pretty cute.
I couldn't find an example of it on google but I did come across this example of one of their bags. I just think it is to easy to slap a simple logo on a package and call it done. Why not make it something different. I'm all for different. I'm just so sick of the same old warning labels and product endorsements. Thank goodness there are marketing people out there that are as strange as I am. I'm sorry, but I like anyone that will put something so random on their packaging...like referring to the Jetsons and "that treadmill thingy" on a drink label. Ahhhh, my kind of people!

2 comments:

Kym said...

This made me laugh this morning! Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Netter said...

Thanks! Have a great weekend!