Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Restless Slumber


I had one of those nights. It was pretty bad. I went to bed after House but I woke up after 20 minutes and it felt like I had been asleep for hours. Not a great way to start the night. I tossed for a while and then got up before I started to get angry about it. I goofed off until I felt tired again...Around 12:30 AM and I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Seriously, I remember curling up and being surprised that I got comfy so quickly and BOOM, I was out.
However, I kept waking up. No particular reason for it either. I went to the bathroom at 2 AM, which is something I rarely do in the middle of the night. While I was there I brushed my teeth again because I couldn't remember if I did it before I went to bed. This morning I can honestly tell you that I did brush them before I went to bed and then did it a second time at 2 AM. Why the heck couldn't I remember that at 2 AM? So strange. I also woke several times after that. Twice I actually got out of bed, but I'm not sure why I was doing that. The only thing I can figure out is that I was starting to sleep walk but I wasn't in a deep enough sleep to pull it off....but is that even possible?! Strange indeed, but the strangest thing of all is the fact that my alarm clock that always goes off at 6:25 AM went off at 5:45 AM instead. I know for a fact that I checked my alarm before I went to bed last night and it was set correctly. Sometime during the middle of the night I must have reset it. Needless to say, I'm kind of tired this morning. I didn't even finnish reading the paper this morning because I was getting sleepy doing it. Sam, was dinking around and almost missed his bus this morning. He was coming up the stairs and didn't even have his shoes on and I thought I heard the bus in front of the house. Yep, and it was just pulling away slowly. I asked him if he knew he was missing his bus and he tripped up the stairs in a hurry to get his shoes on. I was going to go wave at the driver to wait but Sam said to never mind...which means I would have to drive him. The bus actually moved just pass the house and stopped for two other kids that were running late. I told Sam to run and catch the bus, which he did....and I am now chugging my morning "coffee" aka a diet Pepsi in the hope that it will pep me up. I can tell it is going to be a longggggg day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a few hours, I woke up around 2 a.m. with shooting pains in my stomach and then spent a hour in the bathroom, got back to sleep for a few hours then woke up with a massive head ache and called in sick.

Netter said...

Raine! Goodness Girl, I hope you are feeling better really soon. Well, atleast we know the mashed taters didn't cause that!

Miyon- Goodness....I would have been so grouchie if I had been awaken by phone calls that many times. Calls at strange hours always get my blood moving becuase I assume its bad.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That's so annoying when a good nights sleep just doesn't happen. People sure do funny things when they wake up in the middle of the night. When we were on vacation, my daughter woke up at 3am and walked out of the room into the hotel hallway. I hear this pounding on the door and jump out of bed. WTH? There's my daughter at the door looking panicked. She said she couldn't find the bathroom! Turns out she was coming down with a fever and she didn't even know what she was doing but, sheesh! Nothing like giving me a heart attack!