Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Not to toot my own horn or anything....BUT,


I played the French Horn in school. Well, if you could call that playing. I sucked. It wasn't that I couldn't make great sounds....my teacher was impressed but my problem was that I could never tell if I was hitting the right key. Sure if she played the note and then made me try to match it...I was OK at at that, well most of the time anyway. On my own, I sucked. It's OK, It's not like I could really read music anyway. I think that has something to do with my dyslexia. The notes don't seem to stay in the same spot on the staff. Before I figured that out, I tried the Clarinet. Yeah, I sucked at that even more. So that leaves a music lover who can't read or play music. Bites, doesn't it. YEAH! I can tap out a few little simple songs on the piano. You know my other issue is I have no sense of rhythm. I'm hopeless really. I guess I will just have to be happy listening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I played french horn in middle school! I could play okay but when it came to band, I always got confused. The french horn section never plays the tune but some funky harmony that never sounded like anything resembling the tune. Blew my 10 year old mind!

In HS I played bass violin, y'know, that giant thing in the back? I got stage fright and couldn't play a note during the concert! Doh!

Netter said...

Yeah, I came to the conclusion that misic was not my thing and stuck to my art classes. Works for me.

Stage fright! Sue, I was like that at chorus concerts....I never really sang, I just mouthed the words. That is also part of the reason I never went out for sports, to many people watching you, and I could have been really good at sports, I've always been slightly athletic. lol. Plus I wouldn't do the whole play thing either...I'm basically good with anything where I am not in the lime light.

Netter said...

what is misic...lol, must be like elevator music or something.

Anonymous said...

No, I don't like being the center of attention either. Ack!

BTW, I have the supplies for the little ornament and am gonna work on that today. :)

Netter said...

Oh Goodie! I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

I think you inherited that from your Aunt Vickie Yea me. Because I never would sing or act. And I know nothing about music. Atleast your know that.

Netter said...

Damn it! It's your fault! Thank goodness, I finally figured out who to blame for my short comings. lol