Monday, May 22, 2006

I've always been a cat person.


I like Kitties the best. I have nothing against dogs, or birds, or any other animal...but I have always been a cat person. Always!
Grandma and Grandpa Kaster always had cats. They were the people that gave me my first kitten. I named him Sunshine because he was the cutest little orange tiger I had ever set eyes on...but that was only because he was all mine!
He kept escaping and he was eventually ran over by a car. It still upsets me...all these years later.
My second cat was a lovely grey and white kitty that we got from Aunt Vickie and Uncle Johns neighbors. Tisha wanted the black kitten and I wanted the grey one...I got my way, but only because mine was friendly, the black one wouldn't come out. I named him Tuffy because he thought he was tough stuff...and his middle name became Tom after his look alike, the cat from the Tom and Jerry cartoons. Poor Tuffy, I used to dress him up in dolly clothes. I'm sure he hated it, epecially the bonnets but he took it in stride. We didn't have any grey cats in town until we brought him home. He was a busy little guy at night. Years later, I found him dead under the neighbors bushes, one day after school. I thought he was asleep, he was all curled up in a ball, like he normally was when he was sleeping. I thought it was funny he hadn't come when he was called though. I always fed him after school and he always came running when I called him. It wan't until I bent over to pet him that I knew he was gone. My heart was broken.
Maybe its because of Tuffy that I am so partial to grey cats. I don't know. All I do know, is that if I could get away with it...without the famous chicken picture being printed in the magazine she works in....I would steal Raine's grey cats. Oh, how their Aunt Netter loves the Tooches and Twitters.....the best kitties walking the halls of a NYC apt.
Yep, I'm a cat person all right. Do not fear! I will not become one of those crazy cat ladies. I don't care if they promise to design an action figure after me...I'm not going to become that person. I don't want to own more than two cats. If by any chance I do decide I need 5 cats....please have an intervention on my behalf. Enough is enough, right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crow! There's actually a Crazy Cat Lady action figure?! Too funny! I love kitties too. I've had cats my entire life, all except college. There's nothing like cozying up with a kitty. :)

Netter said...

I soooo want a cat right now. Dang it! I guess I will have to make due with the neighbors dogs and the ducks that have adopted our back yard.