Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's not what you do, it's who you do it with...

It's easy to have fun with good friends, especially when those friends are Raine and Kissiffer. Kissiffers birthday was in April and for his present, Raine and I went in on tickets for the Depeche Mode concert at the Jones Beach Theater. If you have never been there, let me explain that it is an open concert hall that sits right on the water at Jones Beach.. It gets cold at night with the wind coming off the ocean...at least this time of the year.
It was also an overcast day and had been raining most of the week. I had been worried that it would rain the whole night...but we got lucky. It was windy as hell and chilly. I had reminded Raine and Kissiffer to dress warm for the show. Raine brought a polar fleece jacket that I had given to her...Kissiffer wore a t-shirt with a thin little zipper hoodie. Raine said she had warned him that it would be cool. I saved the night though. I brought the new polar fleece blanket that Tami sent to me for my birthday. It came with this cute little strap that you use to carry it around with. I think Kissiffer was a little embarrassed because we made him carry it in the parking lot. Mwhahahha....its kind of girlie. HE didn't complain about crawling under it though. It came in handy. Just ask Raine. She placed herself in the middle of me and Kissiffer so she was nice and toasty. I'm telling you that girl is a smart cookie but I got the genius award that night. Hey, it doesn't happen often so when it does I have to boast a little bit lot. Ok, I goaded Raine into posting that...but she didn't have to. That is why I love Raine...she's the best...or THE BESTEST...sure its not grammatically correct, but I still like to say it that way. If you are wondering why she capitalized the first two letters on each capitalized word....lol, its because I told her how I have major issues typing and I get so mad because I always type NEtt when I mean to type Nett. ALWAYS! That shift stuff is tricky!
Anyway, I had a great time. The concert was really good but what made it wonderful was the company. Frankly, I would have a good time just sitting around doing nothing, as long as I was with Raine and Kissiffer.

FYI: I could be entertained for hours just listening to Raine and Kissiffer speak their little language, its speckled....hehehe...but the best is when Kissiffer says the word, Squirrel....OMG its so cute and I never say that about squirrels. You know, they are both quite witty. Oh and Raine, I'm sorry I ended up with your mashed taters from the Cheesecake Factory. I know you were sooooo looking forward to them. Thanks for the pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nett! I am home sick today, so this made me feel a little better. Kissiffer really loved the concert (not as much as the German guy sitting in front of us loved it--and why didn't we get pictures of him dancing? That was soooo damn sexy). You forgot to put in the quote of the night: "Okay go ahead, NO! Wait!" but I think Dave Gahan beat that with, "This one is our first song...okay, maybe not..." only because the whole concert audience heard that one...I was disappointed about the mashed potatoes, but it only means I have to go to the Cheesecake Factory again. You are always fun to be with Nett: Next week the International Food Festival! Roasted alligator for one and all!

Netter said...

Raine- LOL, the German guy was outta control...then there was that blonde gal to the right that was wearing an outfit from her Whitesnake dancer days....OMG!

I wanted to put that quote in there but you know me...I couldn't remember it correctly. I'm going to have to start carrying around a little notepad and pencil...cause we have some brilliant quotes when we are together. WE do, we do....OK, you do, you do! LOL...oh man, I want alligator on a stick. Yummy! Make Kissiffer say ridiculous or squirrel and it will start the entire day out on the right foot! That is just so cute!

Feel better my friend!