Thursday, April 27, 2006

SO HELP ME!!


I wanted to stop and yell at them...I did, I really did. I, being an adult, did not. Ok, Ok, I'll calm down and tell you why I am so livid.

I was on my way home from the grocery store. I didn't go down my street, I drove down the back way so I had to turn onto the street that basically ends at our driveway. As I turned the corner...and I'm not even going the speed limit mind you and I slowed down to turn the corner because I had to yield for a car passing...I see some kids playing with a basketball and one of those curbside movable hoops. So as I turn I slowed down even more because I am always cautious when it comes to kids playing in the front yard, let alone IN the street. These kids, both elementary age...maybe 2nd and 4th grades, just guessing...well, they didn't even bother to move over to the side of the road. They just stood there...IN THE FRIGGIN MIDDLE....and yelled at me to slow down. I was going 5 miles an hour...not even near the posted limit and I had to drive on the opposite side of the road by the curb to go around them.

So help me....I wanted to slam on the breaks, jump out of the car and ring their parents doorbell. I did, I really did. I mean if I had been speeding, I wouldn't be so irritated by their yelling. If they had not been standing in the middle of the street I would not have been so irritated. The fact of the matter is that they saw me coming, I saw them look at me as I turned the corner and the little brats had the nerve to just stand there and yell at me.

If this EVER happens again....I am going to stop the car and honk the horn until a parent comes to see what is going on. You want to play in the street, then have to follow the rules of safe play. When you see a car, you stop play and move to the curb. You keep your eyes open and alert other players of approaching cars. You don't stand in the middle of the street and yell in a nasty manner to strangers driving by. Nobody was around...just think of the things that could have happened to those kids if some pissed off nutcase was driving by instead of me.

OK, I vented...now I feel better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, like the sign says, there are "slow" children playing. ;)

Netter said...

Yeah, tell me about it. I was just outside watering my flowers and I could see those little buggers down the street.

Anonymous said...

You should have stopped and told them to go play on the train track its safer.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Vickie, kids that age should not be playing in the street unless it is a dead end. And where were the parents? Those kids were lucky it was you.

Kimberly said...

Grrrr....that always ticks me off when kids do that. But it's not always kids. Adults do it too....which pisses me off even more!

Netter said...

Im seriously going to start driving down that street all the time now. Its only one bloc long...that's it. They were at the third house form the corner...I mean, its not like I could have really gotten any speed up but next time....I'm going to lay on that horn and not move around them...but make them move, hopefully scaring the hell out of them in the process. The third time it happens, I will be stopping and having a discussion with their parent(s).

Anonymous said...

Parents (most of them) now days, have no idea of safety. They think the world will watch out for them and their kids. Then they are the first ones to complain if something happens to them, especially if it's their kids.They need to wake up and smell the coffee or roses, and take a few precautions. (Most of them should have done that earlier then they wouldn't have the kids!!))LOL

Netter said...

Damn kids anyway...where the hell are their parents? I would have got myself in soooo much trouble if I even thought about puling a stunt like that.