Monday, April 10, 2006

Second Place in the Elk Creek Road Rally goes to...


...Billy and Crystal, and pals.

Question, when did Billy start growing that strange looking beard? I figure he must have been drunk by the time the picture was taken after all the results were tallied....he looks kind of strange, doesn't he?

OK, dang it, why do they always have the road rally when I can't come home to be in it? Of course the last time I was on it, our driver rear ended the person Vicki Jarrett was riding with. LOL, aww good times! Somehow it was the passengers fault because "WE" were supposed to watch the road...go figure. He always was a dumb ass.(click on the picture to view and read caption)

For those of you not "in the know", the road rally is really a fun race that is not about anything but following the rules of the road, no speeding, stopping at all stop sighs, ect. If you speed or do roll throughs, you hurt your final score. There is also a section where you have to follow a sheet and answer questions. I personally like the drop bag section. They drop a marker bag so many feet before an intersection, then you know you have to turn, which way is up to you, but if you do not see another marker bag within so many feet, you know you were wrong. You screw up your final time and mileage with each mistake. It takes several hours to complete with stop points but the highlite is a lovely tour of southeast Nebraska, and possibly northeast Kansas, northwest Missouri or southwest Iowa....or all of them.

Oh and when you mention Elk Creek, everyone from that area thinks of the water. Elk Creek water isn't your average H20...nope, but it sure hits the spot. Just don't drive after you drink some and you might want to take it easy when walking too.

Elk Creek Water - the recipe we used in high school....hey, it was Nebraska, I don't condone it!
3 -12 oz cans 7 Up soda
3 -12 oz cans Squirt soda
1 -12 oz can Mountain Dew soda
1/2 pint vodka, you can also use lemon or citrus flavored
1/2 pint gin
Put in a one gallon jug with some lemon and lime slices. Let it sit for a day or two.
Don't add ice to the jug, but put some in a glass and then add your E.C. Water.


Or you can use this recipe. If you really use the Everclear, pick a spot close to the bathroom, you won't want to walk far:

1/2 gallon Everclear® alcohol
1/2 gallon vodka
1/2 gallon gin
4 liters Mountain Dew® citrus soda
4 liters 7-Up® soda
4 liters Squirt® citrus soda

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were the days. I haven't had any ec water in years. Use to put you on your butt when you stood up. I solved that problem by always standing when I drank it.Oh yea I don't drink.

Netter said...

Yeah right, you don't drink....the kids used to tell us how you kid the bottles in the neighbors garbage in the middle of the night. LOL...lush!

Netter said...

hid the bottles...jeesh I can't type!

Anonymous said...

Wade looks a little out of it there! Sounds like a fun race. :)

Cindy said...

Just a warning some people get very mouthy when they drink this, plus they are sick for awhile. I have not touched the stuff since.

Netter said...

By "people" you must mean "you"...lol

Netter said...

You are welcome Heidi. I figured even though you didn't have a big wedding I would give you guys what I gave everyone else when they got married, it just seemed fair. I was very sorry to hear about your Grandma, its never easy to loose family, is it.

Anonymous said...

that ec water was pretty potent.

Anonymous said...

i messed up somewhere. the above quote was mine.

Chelie said...

I didn't know that you had drank this stuff, mom...

Anonymous said...

I never partook of the stuff. I tasted it once, and didn't like it, so never drank any more.. If I remember correctly, Grandma K. liked it, or so she said. I don't recall ever seeing her drink any, though. Did anyone ????

Tami said...

The best time to have Elk Creek Water is when you have people with you who have never had it before but think they can drink anything. Just watch them drink & drink, they think they're not feeling anything....and then they TRY to stand up. I love that!

Amy said...

Yah, have to agree with Michelle, never did the road rally either, well I think I started out one time to do it, never did make it, must have been that ec water, big time.