Sunday, April 09, 2006

Grandma's starting a cafe in the nursing home.


Well, it seems like my Grandma has been a busy camper. She has been collecting souvenirs. Yep, Dad said she had enough stuff in her dresser drawers to start a cafe. She had about 10 glasses and an assortment of silverware. She also had a bunch of the treats that she won when they play games. Mom asked her what she was doing with all that stuff and Grandma said, "Oh, well, they are just souvenirs." LOL, GRANDMA!

Her card shower went well, but Mom said she didn't know how many cards she got for sure. (Thank you, by the way, for all those of you that sent her a card!) It seems Grandma was hiding the cards from herself. Mom was going through her drawers and discovered 6 that she had received earlier, had tucked away and forgotten about. One of these days Mom is going to dig around and find all of Grandma's hiding spots.

It also seems like Grandma's twin nieces are getting a lot of credit these days. She likes to point to a picture of her Granddaughters and announce that we are the twins...her nieces. Mom has to correct her. This has been a problem for a while. I think she realizes who I am when I visit though. She never asks me about my husband...cuase I don't have one....but the twins do, plus they are much older. Heck, she 90 years old, she can be as looney as she wants to be at that age.

She'll be keeping us on our toes, won't she!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both my grandmother's got a little senile too but they were as sweet as can be. Your granny looks like a real sweatheart. :)

Cindy said...

I would rather be senile and happy when I am older than have my mind but not my body and be depressed. I miss the alheimer's residents at the care home. Once you learned to go with the flow, you could have such fun. I remember the time when this man thought I was one of his cows. He chased me all over the care home and I was a little worried about him branding me. LOL just kidding. I also learned that you never stand in front of a big window. This same man thought he was outside and threw his water and it ended up hitting me right in the face. He took off laughing his butt off. I laughed so hard I cried.

Netter said...

I gave my Mom an heads up on the cards...so she knew to tell Grandma who the were from. But ofcourse she opened Mom and Dad's and said she didn't know who it eas from...lol.