Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What rust?


Cliff asked me to take the Acura to a few shops to see how much it would cost to have the rust spots on the side fixed. I was a little confused because I had never noticed any rust spots. He said they were on the passenger side in 4 different places and were about the size of a quarter. I asked what happened. He said it was from me slamming the car doors into the side of it. I laughed at that and said, "Oh you mean, where you slammed the door into it. I'm not the one that does that." Cliff then said that I was just passing the buck, how typical of me...lol, we were having a great time teasing each other.

I was still a little confused as to where these rust spots where and how they got there. I was in the driveway today and I did see some spots but they didn't look like rust spots. They were the right color but they just didn't look right. I ran my hand over them and thought it was strange that they were raised spots and not indented where the paint was chipped off. That is when I started thinking about it and realized they weren't rust spots. There are two Japanese plum trees on the side of the driveway. They were supposed to be non-fruit baring but in typical Cliff fashion...that wasn't correct and the trees produce lots of little plums that drop all over the driveway and the cars. They are a sticky nightmare. Sure they look pretty in bloom but when the fruit drops...yuck, what a mess. Well, it looked like the rust spots were actually little pieces of plum skin that cemented its self to the side of the car. I took a sponge of warm water and some cleaning liquid and scrubbed off the "rust" made from plums.

When I told Nancy, she started to laugh because she then remembered how she took the car to the car wash last spring and they couldn't get the stuff off. I told her I'm either going to tell Cliff he can pay me $300 dollars and I'll repair the rust spots for him or I'll just act dumb and tell him I couldn't see any spots and drag him out there to prove that I am blind. Either way, I just have to mess with him a little bit. Its a rule or something.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That is sooooo funny

Netter said...

I like the way you think!