Friday, January 20, 2006

Your name + Ray = You are kinda dumb

I always see this truck around town with the classic "Ray-Ray" on the tail gate. Today I was lucky enough to have it parked just a little ahead of me while I was stopped at a red light and I had my camera handy. It makes me think of Pop every time I see it. You see, my Pops created the Ray rule of stupidity. He knew this guy named Ray who was a little, well for a lack of a nicer way of phrasing it, he was a ding bat. So, Ray became known as Ray-Ray...for unexplained reasons. Maybe because he was so dingy that you had to say his name twice so he would understand you were talking to him. Who knows! Well, his little rule of adding Ray to your name kind of caught on. My Brother-in-law became know as Dewey-Ray and it fits him. If I did something really stupid, he'd try calling me Annette-Ray, but he would pay for it in the end...oh yeah, he would! The funny part of this is that the two people that Pop hangs out with the most are his Brother and his Nephew. They are hunting and fishing buddies. Anyway, Lonnie and Zachary happen to have the same middle name. What is that name? Oh yeah, its Ray....lol, works for me. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just had dad look at this and read it to him as his glasses were in the basement. He laughed and then asked where did you come up with adding those two to it? I told him i guess you just remembered their middle names.. He said, "I don't think they will be to happy if they happen to read this"

Netter said...

They can read?!

Olivia Twist said...

That is TOO funny..LOL..Ray-Ray..heheh..
Wonder why they put that on the back of their truck like that. That is kida....different. hhhmmm...
Acknowledgement for that "yes, I am a dumbass." ??

Netter said...

Maybe its the guys nickname, but when I see it, i think....hmmmm, only a dumbass would put that on their truck.